Oolong Tea
Butter, Cream, Grapes, Grass, Green, Sugar, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by cookies

From Mountain Tea

NATC 2012 – Green Oolong Category – 1st Place

DaYuLing oolong tea is one of the rarest and most sought after teas. Grown at elevations higher than 2000m above sea level, DaYuLing tea is exceptionally aromatic and sweet. Our offering is no exception.

The dry aroma smells like sugar cane and sweet cashew. While brewing you’ll be treated with the smell of orchids and hay. The liquor is very mellow, smooth, floral, and syrupy with honeyed flavors.

Origin: Nantou, Taiwan
Water: 85-90°C

About Mountain Tea View company

So this is the winner of the NATC 2012 – Green Oolong Category – 1st Place?
Excellent! Let’s see what it’s all about, shall we?

I must say I was rather surprised that an award winner wasn’t already logged here at Steepster! I’m very excited to try it and grateful it was sent to me!

I agree with the official product description saying this smells a little like cashew prior to infusing. I’m loving that because I LOVE Cashews!

I also agree once infused it smells like orchards and hay. I wasn’t really making the connection to the sugar cane, tho, but that’s ok!

It has a buttery-green texture on the tongue. The floral notes SHINE as you sip. This is VERY slippery – you know how I hate the term ‘mouth feel’ but I’m not sure how else to describe it. It’s a very green-flavored oolong and I totally see why it won that award! It’s the definition of Green Oolong! Nicely done!

Tried this Gong Fu @95, 5/15 , and now western style @85 3mins.

Lovely butter aroma, and nice ‘green’ notes. not sure what, but very nice. Gongfu was delicious, sweet & classy, wheras western style provided more of the jade magic. felt like drinking the colour. lovely. The oils are buttery or creamy and has a zingy mouthfeel.

Its feeling is quite spritely, which was surprising. higher in caffeine than i thought it would be? Im very sensitive to caffeine after giving up coffee due to overload. im tapping away on the keyboard really fast. (i have just drank a fair bit of this though)

really really nice, not a bad flavour in there!

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Grapes, Grass, Green, Sugar, Sweet

A good tea with a lingering sweet aftertaste. I let the boiling water to cool down a bit so the tea doesn’t get too bitter. It is too expensive to drink it everyday though.

195 °F / 90 °C 7 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML

I remember my last mountain tea order being a lot better Im a little concerned they do not display harvest dates so for all I know the quality drop is a by product of stale tea but I have also tasted a lot of tea since my last order so maybe my tastes have just improved. Either way was not impressed with my first trial with this tea. I felt the tea drunk from the gao shan (fish eye lens, tranquility, big dumb smile) but flavor wise it seemed flat. Will wait to throw a # rating out there until I get dipper into the bag but at the moment a little disappointed considering the money I dropped on my last order.

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML