Hotel d´Amour - Rose Tea

Malt, Rose, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

From Mr. Jones

Traditional black Chinese tea with natural rose petals.

About Mr. Jones View company

I love rose-scented teas, and this is probably the best I have ever found. Even if only available on tea-bags!

205 °F / 96 °C

Another tea from the return of the second round of the EU-TTB (European Travelling Tea Box). Another reminder that signs ups are open to join in round three).

Mr.Jones is an entirely new brand for me to try and a quick snoop of their website shows they ship around Europe (Yay!). It may be a company for me to try in the future if this tea shows positive promise. At least I have that option anyway.

As far as rose goes I adore rose flavoured teas, this one is a perfect introduction for me. Opening the cute paper bag reveals a rather square teabag with a decent amount of filling and an overwhelming (though beautiful) scent of rose flowers. Sweet, perfumed, a little dry though on the whole exactly what I wished to smell.

Steeping times are not given so I will treat this like another herbal and use boiling water for 4—5 minutes.

Mild black tea base with heavy sweet rose flavour and a slight malty and smoky after taste. Strength altogether is rather medium so nothing too offensive/strong. The blend works well together, the black tea is complimented from the sweet rose while the malt adds depth and richness.

For a bag I say this is very nice, better than I had hoped. It’s still not as fresh as it could be nor is it perfect by any means but that doesn’t stop it from being a nice bagged rose tea. I may consider buying more of this :)

Flavors: Malt, Rose, Smoke

I love rose flavored teas as well.

Rose tea makes me feel pretty as I drink it _

I never thought about it that way, but yes, it does.

^ I know that’s why I drink rose tea ;) I feel pretty. O so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and bright.

I admit it, K S. I laughed out loud. thanks!