Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

CBC Radio’s 60th Anniversary Blend. A “ShowTime” blend of choice Ceylon black tea and fragrant jasmines touched with lemon.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

The black tea in this blend definitely seems to dominate the flavour, unfortunately it has a sour-bitter sort of aftertaste and I don’t know if it’s the Ceylon, the added lemon, or the jasmine green. Which ever it is I can’t seem to get rid of it by changing the steeping time, so next time I drink this tea I’ll try it with milk and see if that changes anything.

Jillian sent this one to me! Because I am in radio I had to try it! :) It’s not to shabby for a bagged tea! I can taste the black tea, the lemon, and a little bit of the jasmine in the background. I agree with Jillian’s comment about picking up a slight sour aftertaste…a little strange, but it isn’t something I cannot deal with…Thanks Jillian! Glad I got to try this one!!!

Cofftea

I coulda swore this said CDC at 1st! haha!

Jillian

@ TeaEqualsBliss: I’m glad you’re enjoying this one. :)

@ Cofftea: No, that’s ‘CBC’ for Canadian Broadcast Corporation. :P

I’d been eyeballing this tea on the Murchie’s website for ages now but decided a couple of weeks ago to just go for it. Very light and aromatic tea, which I enjoy more in the afternoons rather than the mornings. I’ve noticed that some people have reported a slightly sour aftertaste but haven’t experienced that myself, as I add milk and honey, and tend to steep my green-black blends for a fairly short period of time.

As an aside, I DEFINITELY recommend enjoying this tea with lemon curd on scones. :) The lemon curd really emphasizes the lemon accents in the tea.

Really delicious black tea. The Ceylon and Jasmine come through but the lemon (thankfully) is very slight and does not overpower. Sometimes a touch of bitterness (astringency?) but haven’t experienced this lately. This has become my “default” black tea and my parents have started swapping this in place of their old orange pekoe.

Have been drinking this one at work so that I can use up the last of my teabags in the sample box. I’ve learned that this tea needs to be steeped to a MAXIMUM of 30 seconds, as anything longer and it will start to go bitter very quickly. So I’ve been steeping it for abour 30 seconds each time, and I think I would be willing to improve by rating of this tea by a little bit. It is still not something I would consider “good”. But my method made it more drinkable. The tea is no longer bitter, and the flavour is in the best balance that I could get it to be without making the tea astringent by steeping it too long.

The aroma is fairly mild but nice, slightly lemony. The flavour of the tea is very basic, almost bland. Black tea is predominant, with a weak mix of other flavours that aren’t even strong enough for me to identify, save maybe for the lemon. Overall, a very basic and bland tea that I will not be buying again.