California Oranges, Cloves, Saigon Cinnamon, Tahitian Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Tuscanteal
Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 17 oz / 500 ml

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

For many families the holidays just aren’t complete without Murchie’s Christmas Tea. Rich black teas blended with the essence of California Oranges, Saigon Cinnamon, Cloves and Tahitian Vanilla. A customer favorite, only available until the end of December. Order now as it sells out quickly.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Goodbye, goodbye!

That’s one less Murchie’s tea in my cupboard. I’ve learned my lesson. It’s not really for me now that I’ve seen what else is out there!

#teasnob

(Woo – down to 125. Maybe I can get to 100 before my Verdant order arrives! I think it ships at the end of the month so that gives me some time).

Ozli

Ehehee! I have so much of this left!

Lil early? Nah. I was Xmas shopping online this morning – well, browsing and adding to my shopping cart, anyway. ;)

Ozli

Bleh, oversteeped and this was WAY perfumy and i dumped it :(

Why Hello Christmas Tea.

I received this as a gift from my bestfriend and tea influence. I like Murchie’s Teas, they are affordable and who can’t help but support a long running company that is Canadian! (I think it is at least??)

At first sniff: It’s zippy, with smells of oranges, cloves and spice. Definitely nailed the “Christmas” time smell. It seems like it could be a very potent cup of tea if over-steeped.

At first sip: Warning – I am still sick and my tastebuds are still a bit off. I think I brewed this too strong. I did it for 6 months and I should have done it for 5 at the most. It’s very astringent, but the smells translate nicely into the cup. I had mine with milk and sugar and was not disappointed.

I will have to re-rate when my sniffer and taste returns fully.

keychange

I know it was a typo, but I thought it was funny that you brewed this tea for six months! haha :)

Tuscanteal

Hahaha, yeah I saw that a couple days after I posted it and I have issues with editing my tea reviews (for some reason Steepster lets me edit them, but not save them.) and so I sometimes don’t bother with editing. I bet this tea would still taste pretty good after 6 months… if it didn’t go bad ;)