Edit tea info Last updated by Fjellrev

• “Yay, I finally moved to the west coast. Now, this calls for some Murchie's. I just got back from the store with a few one ounce pouches. Haven't had Earl Grey Cream in a while, and have been...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 835 tasting notes
  • “Earl Grey, hot. We're watching Star Trek so I ran off to make this, and added a splash of cream. Tasty, but not perfect. I'm looking forward to replacing this with a better Earl Grey.” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Time to finally get some backlogging going. This is the first EG cream I've ever had! I assume the addition of a vanilla/cream flavor is what separates the cream from the usual. I think 4 min is a...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1201 tasting notes
  • “YAY! I'm such a dumbass. It wasn't Zen Tea's EG Cream that tasted like curry, it's THIS ONE! I wasn't just sick and tasting things! (Or maybe *cavocorax* just stored this one by the curry...” Read full tasting note
    Ozli 299 tasting notes

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

A blend of fine Ceylon, Darjeeling and China teas, lightly scented with real oil of bergamot and sweet vanilla. A rich and creamy version of our original Earl Grey. Makes a delicious latte.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Yay, I finally moved to the west coast. Now, this calls for some Murchie’s. I just got back from the store with a few one ounce pouches. Haven’t had Earl Grey Cream in a while, and have been craving it like crazy lately, so this was a must.

Quite different from all of the other Earl Grey Creams that I’ve tried. The bergamot is very light here. The steeped tea definitely smells like there is more bergamot in it than there really is. And instead of a creamy vanilla I usually get from other brands, this tastes like it has caramel instead. My taste buds don’t know what to make of this combination. I made sure to steep this for only three minutes since I was worried about bitterness. Seems like a good time length for it.

The aftertaste reminds me of a caramel candy or something. The bergamot lingers too but it’s gentle. I prefer Earl Greys that don’t shy away from the bergamot, although this one is very smooth and gentle, safe.

Lynne-tea

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! YAY! :D :D

Fjellrev

Thanks, I absolutely love it here!

Lynne-tea

:D Yay oh my gosh I’m so excited. Thats awesome. I hope you settle in quick and get to adventure around!

Earl Grey, hot.

We’re watching Star Trek so I ran off to make this, and added a splash of cream. Tasty, but not perfect. I’m looking forward to replacing this with a better Earl Grey.

Claire

Our housemate has been watching a lot of Star Trek:TNG the past week. It’s a constant trickle of “earl grey, hot”!

Cavocorax

Are you guys watching it on Netflix?
That’s why we’re watching so much of it, now that it’s available. My roommate and bf have seen all of it so it’s time to catch up.

Ozli

Heeeee! Oh man we were so excited to see this pop up on Netflix!

Time to finally get some backlogging going. This is the first EG cream I’ve ever had! I assume the addition of a vanilla/cream flavor is what separates the cream from the usual. I think 4 min is a bit of overkill on this tea. I definitely could taste bergamot in here, but vanilla, not so much. It was probably borderline bitter, but tolerable for at least half the cup…I ended up making dinner in the midst of drinking it and honestly didn’t miss it.

Next time, shorter steep.

Thanks, Cavocorax!

Emily M

For earl greys, I usually hover around the 2 1/2 minute mark (I go a little light on it, though). I almost never follow the recommended steep times. Hope you get better results next time!

Tea Sipper

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cream Earl Greys. You don’t love them… yet. Oh but you will.

YAY! I’m such a dumbass. It wasn’t Zen Tea’s EG Cream that tasted like curry, it’s THIS ONE! I wasn’t just sick and tasting things!

(Or maybe cavocorax just stored this one by the curry powder? Didja, huh huh? It’s so good! I found this on the buffet while cleaning for my FIL’s arrival tomorrow! AWESOME SCORE, I knew as soon as I picked it up and caught a whiff of that spicy scent…yesssss! I don’t care it’s after 8pm, I’m having it!)

>:D

Cavocorax

I didn’t! And I never noticed any curry taste when I drank it either. SO WEIRD. I think Laurenillo has some so I’ll ask what she thinks of hers!

Ozli

Do that! It’s probably just me being ~~terribly unsophisticated XP XP

I LOVE this tea. It is one of my favorite Earl Grey’s (or just tea). I’m nearly out and must reorder from Murchie’s in Victoria, BC. This tea is great on a chilly afternoon while reading a book or knitting with the TV on.

I like the vanilla flavours in this tea, but the tea itself seems very strong and easy to oversteep. It’s still my second favourite tea and I do enjoy drinking it :)