Ti Kuan Yin Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
200 °F / 93 °C

1 Tasting Note View all

• “The leaves are nice.. I did a 30s wash with the tea to open the leaves a little. This didn't accomplish much as they are still tightly rolled. The smells coming from the wash was sweet bread warm...” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 235 tasting notes

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

This tea is reputed to eliminate all impurities from the body. Brew 3-4 min. Creamy, sweetness with a finish of cooked sugar. Wonderful!

Often referred to as Iron Goddess of Mercy, this tea is among the most prized Oolongs in the world. It comes from China’s Fujian province where Oolongs were first invented.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

1 Tasting Note

The leaves are nice.. I did a 30s wash with the tea to open the leaves a little. This didn’t accomplish much as they are still tightly rolled. The smells coming from the wash was sweet bread warm from the oven. I have never personally smelled this, but I know what sweet bread smells like and what bread fresh from the oven smells like. I therefore combined both smells.

Liquor (45s): It smells like sweet bread and veggies. Small sips of still hot tea reveal layers of flowers cushioned by a large, buttery pillow. Possibly a sweet bread pillow that is covered in a layer of butter. Some sips now feature large roses bursting in my mouth as the initial sip..which then fades into a potent floral nectar smell as a taste. It is not so much the flavour and taste of nectar, more like the overwhelmingly sweet smell of a plant like honeysuckle (where you just know it will be incredibly sweet just from the smell, without having to taste the nectar). This is the taste I am experiencing. Hard to explain, but very interesting.
1 minute: Sparkly. More sweet bread and butter, less floral/drinking roses. Though I really liked drinking the roses. Maybe a touch of caramel too. Yummy yummy TKY!

200 °F / 93 °C
Azzrian

Oh okay NOW THIS … sounds like heaven!

Lynne-tea

It was so delicious! I am very happy I picked some up when I was in Vancouver. It’s been over 6 infusions and there are still 1-2 leaves that are still partially crumpled. Even after steeps upwards of 2 minutes (forgot about it hehe).