Coconut Cream Banana

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “The dry leaf smells ridiculously heavenly. Truly like a slice of banana cream pie speckled with coconut on top. There are chunks of vanilla pod and shredded coconut scattered amongst the tea...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 813 tasting notes
  • “I bought this tea at the Victoria Tea Festival back in February and my friend and I both agreed that it was the best tea there. It was one of the new blends that Murchie's was sampling and it was...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1607 tasting notes
  • “Oh my picked up a small amount of this when I went shopping today. Smells like coconut banana cream pie. Made this like a latte with a mix of unsweetened coconut milk and skim milk and sweetened...” Read full tasting note
    Nitoo6of6 101 tasting notes
  • “Murchies is in my 'hood, but their shop is busy, and I thought if I asked for tons of small samples of tea, they would be ( slow ) and aggravated.....so I ordered about 14 small samples of...” Read full tasting note
    Lilysmom 31 tasting notes

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

This cup of tea is ripe with the flavour of the islands and is as decadent as banana cream pie! The finest quality black teas create the base for this flavourful cup. Add in coconut flakes, allspice, vanilla and banana and it all comes together for a wonderful taste of the tropics!

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

The dry leaf smells ridiculously heavenly. Truly like a slice of banana cream pie speckled with coconut on top. There are chunks of vanilla pod and shredded coconut scattered amongst the tea leaves.

This must be a popular tea because I’ve been trying to purchase it since moving here a year ago, and every time I’ve gone, it was completely sold out.

Hot, without any additives, I would say that the banana is the strongest note next to the base. It’s not as flavourful as I had hoped considering how fragrant the dry leaf is.

I tried it with agave and milk, and didn’t care for it. I think the agave didn’t go well with it. Just covered up the subtle flavours even more.

Now, I’m trying it with a dash of half-and-half (I feel so guilty for buying some!) with a bit of honey, and it’s better. I can now taste the coconut and the banana is even stronger, like banana chips. The vanilla is brought out a bit too. I was still hoping for a little more of the coconut and/or vanilla but overall, it’s a pleasant dessert tea.

Would I buy it again? Probably not, but so far, it’s my favourite Murchie’s blend.

Anna

It’s so frustrating when the scent is really strong and then in the cup it’s just… flat.

Fjellrev

Yeah, you’d think a strongly scented ingredient would also be more flavourful.

OMGsrsly

I’ll have to try that one. It sounds really interesting, and I’d be OK with the banana not being too much in my face. :)

Fjellrev

If I have any left if/when we ever meet up, I’ll pass some down to you. :)

I agree, not a huge fan of banana but luckily it’s not too strong.

I bought this tea at the Victoria Tea Festival back in February and my friend and I both agreed that it was the best tea there. It was one of the new blends that Murchie’s was sampling and it was the smell that attracted me first – deliciously rich and sweet with hint of the banana and coconut. Of course I figured that, like a lot of flavoured teas, there was no way it would taste as good as it smelled.

Boy was I wrong. This tea tastes exactly like a slice of coconut banana cream pie; it’s almost uncany how well it matches the flavour. There’s nothing the least bit artificial about the flavour and I can clearly taste the real banana, the real coconut and the real vanilla as I sip it. This may very well become my favorite flavoured tea.

ScottTeaMan

Heeheehhee…….I was reading reviews tonight and saw one or two reviews on banana tea, and recently reviews on coconut teas and coconut Oolongs! Not more than 2 hours ago, I was thinking how nice it would be to taste or at least read a review on a tea with banana and coconot! :)) Sounds good too!!

Jillian

Scott, if you pm me your address I can mail you some. :)

ScottTeaMan

Ok..Thanks! :))

Oh my picked up a small amount of this when I went shopping today.
Smells like coconut banana cream pie.
Made this like a latte with a mix of unsweetened coconut milk and skim milk and sweetened with a bit of agave.
A super nice dessert tea with a hint of banana and coconut.

Murchies is in my ’hood, but their shop is busy, and I thought if I asked for tons of small samples of tea, they would be ( slow ) and aggravated…..so I ordered about 14 small samples of flavoured black tea on- line…..worked ok……still trying them out, but none have jumped out yet as needing to be quickly repurchased……except this one……my favorite murchies tea so far……I went back and purchased a small bag ( 114 grams )…..it really tastes like coconut banana cream pie…..a great desert tea, flavours taste natural…..as an aside, I highly recommend the murchies biscotti…..I thought it would be hard and dry, but it is almost like a shortbread, great quality and very fresh…….they have white chocolate, cranberry…..very nice with tea……

I think I’ve had too much tea lately that I’m having a hard time with some tastes. This smelled really good, but I had a hard time picking out subtle flavours. I did add milk and sugar, so next time maybe I’ll skip the milk.

This is from incendiare from our trip to Murchies a few days ago. She picked up her Butiki order and gave me a sample of this to try.

This is truly a flavored tea that tastes as good as it smells. When I first opened the bag after purchasing it a couple weeks ago in Vancouver, I was greeted by a strong (but pleasant) banana scent, a medium scent of creamy coconut, and a pinch of spice (Allspice, I think). Brewed, the tea has a lovely blend of creamy coconut and banana. I find I like it sweetened mildly. It’s also good with a hint of cream. It would probably also be really nice accompanied with a little touch of black rum! This is a keeper from Murchie’s.