Edit tea info Last updated by Mike-G

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

A smooth blend of our Ceylon and Keemun teas with the delicious flavour of ripe BC apricots. The clear smooth base of the Ceylon enhances the fruit flavour, while Keemun adds a mild tone.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Sipping on this very fruity and sweet tea (I may have put too much honey in it) as I wait for some stuff to happen at work so I can finish some other stuff I need to do today.

And then I need to go home to drop off my computer, then head for dinner and shoppings with my brother.

Whee! At least I’m caffeinated, and have tea to drink!

Fjellrev

You’re having computer troubles?

OMGsrsly

I have to bring my laptop to work with me, as computers generally aren’t provided. I mean, there’s a spare MacBook, but I am NOT a Mac user and if I’m going to be siting around waiting for stuff, I’d rather be on my own machine.

Fjellrev

Ohh ok, I thought maybe you had to bring yours in to work because the lab computers were down or something. That must be annoying having to carry yours around though since you’re not a Mac person.

OMGsrsly

In Academia, generally everyone just brings their own computers. I’ve been doing it for years for classes, so I’m kinda used to it. I would say that if you’re managing a busy lab, then you might have a work-provided desktop. At least, if hope they’d be provided.

Fjellrev

Yeah, I usually need to bring mine in too, but sometimes I get lucky and my profs provide theirs for our presentations. It’s great to not have to lug yours in when you have to lead a 3-hour seminar. The lab I’m in luckily has computers so that saves me 5 pounds on my back too. :)

OMGsrsly

For presentations there are computers in almost all the classrooms, and if you book a meeting room, most of them either have a computer or you can get one from the department. :) We’re kind of spoiled in that regard.

Fjellrev

That’s good stuff! I think my dept’s AV dude could lend us one too but in our case, it’s the profs that usually spoil us haha. But you’d hate it! Because I swear all the profs here use Macs.

OMGsrsly

There are 9 people in the lab and two of us use Windows. :)

Fjellrev

Yeah, Apple seems to really be taking over academia everywhere. Looks like two of you are fighting the power though haha.

Had this yesterday, one of my fave Murchie’s teas. The flavouring just works so well with the black tea.

Found this one in our tea cupboard and decided to give it a try. Unlike many of the fruit teas we have tried lately, this one is a flavoured tea (a.k.a. there are no chunks of real fruit). The base of the tea is Ceylon and Keemun leaves which is a fancy way of saying that this is basically an orange pekoe/english breakfast tea that has a little apricot flavouring blended in…

The tea has a nice chocolate brown colour after steeping and smells like an english breakfast – the flavour is much the same as it smells with a slight hint of apricot. I liked the apricot flavouring and it seemed to enhance the tea – not a bad tea overall. Personally, I prefer more adventurous black teas.

A couple of reviewers on the Murchie’s website mentioned that they liked this one iced with lemon or in a latte. I would imagine that this would lend itself well to both of these methods. I will have to give that a try and then update this posting later!