Diamond Jubilee Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by oferg
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 14 oz / 414 ml

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

Murchie’s Diamond Jubilee Tea has been specially blended to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign, we have taken the finest quality Ceylon, Darjeeling, Assam and Yunnan teas and brought them together for this special tea.

Rich and full bodied with malty and muscatel undertones, this tea has a very smooth finish and is sure to be a hit for many special celebrations.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Just a cup I am having in hopes that it will perk me up. You know you’re middle aged when the idea of going to bed early on a Friday night is much more appealing than going out to a party! :)

Angrboda

In that event, I’ve been middle aged since I was 15. :)

Shelley_Lorraine

I’ve never been to a “party”… :p

Terri HarpLady

My partying days ended at the ripe old age of 24, almost 30 years ago, but I partied enough before that to cover the rest of my life. At 54 I feel happier, healthier, & more fulfilled than ever. Nothing wrong with a good night sleep, Amy. Nothing wrong with Middle age either! :)

Ruby Woo Scarlett

I’m 25 and it’s appealing to me so I don’t know what that says about me!

TeaBrat

Ha ha! thanks everyone – the party was fun, I made it until after midnight

1928 tasting notes

This is definitely better with a 2 minute steep.

The last time I had it there was a horrific soapy flavour. It’s diminished this time with the shorter steep, and so much better.

Weird, because the first couple times I had it I really liked it at a 3 minute steep…

Murchie’s loves its custom black tea blends, especially those in honor of British royalty. In addition to this blend they also created a blend for Queen Elizabeth’s Golden Jubilee as well as one for the royal wedding.

This is a nice, solid blend that incorporates characteristics from different black tea from around Asia and blends them together seamlessly. I can taste the grapey, muscatel tones of a Darjeeling without the astringency, some lightly malty flavours like you’d find in an Assam, and maybe the barest hint of peppery Yunnan. It has a surprising sweetness, particularly after it cooled off a bit and it’s quite smooth despite having such bold flavours. A great black tea that really shows the creator’s deft hand at blending.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

A honeyed black? That’s about all I’m getting from this, other than maybe a weird aftertaste as it cools… something almost soapy? Can’t quite put my finger on it. Liked it better piping hot than as it cools, although it’s in the Timolino, so it’ll be warm for a while still. ;)

Thank you OMGsrlsy for sharing! I’d had this on a mental list to-try for a bit now, and am so glad I was able to.

My favourite Murchie’s tea so far. It’s far better than their Golden Jubilee blend, and I think the grapeyness (or muscatel, if you will) makes the difference.