Canadian Breakfast

Malt, Maple
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

Murchie’s Canadian Breakfast Tea is a traditional breakfast tea, with a Canadian maple twist.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

I dislike that Murchie’s has upped their 25 gram minimum to 50, and gotten rid of their loose-leaf 25 gram boxes. One of the most solid things about them an some of the other chains (yes, DavidsTea) is that their minimum was way more friendly/made it much easier to sample many teas at once without getting stuck with a tea you didn’t like.

At any rate, they still have the boxes of ten teabags, which I opted for even though I tend to find there’s a difference in taste between their fanningteabags and looseleaf teas.

I associate Canadian breakfast with keemun for some reason, but this blend is strongly assam. Actually, I just checked and it SAYS it’s keemun and ceylon, but this is so overwhelmingly NOT keemun OR ceylon. Maybe an african-grown assam, but still definitely assam. Strong and malty, and almost that overly-tannic berry taste. It’s still got a bit of maple, but it’s definitely a very strong, astringent tea, which might just be due to the teabag although I don’t know how to explain the tea-blend discrepancy.

I love this tea. The teas Murchie’s uses for this breakfast blend work really well, and the addition of maple just makes it that much sweeter (literally). I added half-and-half and minimal sugar to this, and it surpassed expectations. Another plus: I’m reminded of my wonderful time in Vancouver whenever I take a sip :)

Flavors: Malt, Maple

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Sipdown. A robust tea like this was a perfect way to start off the day of my university convocation (whyyyyy did they schedule the ceremonies so early?)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Evol Ving Ness

Congrats, Jillian!

Congrats on your achievement :)