Murchie's Afternoon

Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Murchie's Tea & Coffee

2 Images

• “Sipdown on this one. I sent this to the ladies in the BBB Box mostly for a play on the names of the teas. They received a breakfast blend and then an afternoon blend. :) Next trip is going to be...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4656 tasting notes
  • “Enjoying some afternoon tea in the afternoon. Not sure what makes something an afternoon tea as I would definitely consider this a good kick you in the ass morning tea to get you going. Added some...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 361 tasting notes
  • “One of *Sil's* offerings in the BBBBox. This is very bright, very tart, very ceylon. Initially, it set off an alarm in my mouth, but once you get past the initial shock, there's some body to...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2855 tasting notes
  • “Moar Backlogging: Another tea I had while I was in Vancouver. The downtown has a couple of nice tea shops within a small area so naturally I made it my mission to check them out. I sat down to...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1572 tasting notes

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

Murchie’s Afternoon Blend Tea is a signature blend for Murchie’s, this special combination of China black, Darjeeling, Himalayan and Ceylon teas has been a customer favourite for over 3 decades, served in distinguished homes and hotels all over British Columbia.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Sipdown on this one. I sent this to the ladies in the BBB Box mostly for a play on the names of the teas. They received a breakfast blend and then an afternoon blend. :) Next trip is going to be Fancy teas!

This helped solidify in my mind that Murchie’s teas are only for me if i want a a nice delicious tea with milk and sugar. It helped as well that i finally figured out i need to steep this at a bit cooler temperature since there’s some sneaky darjleeing in there.

Overall, not a fantastic tea but it’s well enough for the small quantity that let me play with it and share it. I don’t think it’ll be a super huge win with the ladies, but that’s part of the fun! we get to share experiences and some are wins and some are less wins hahaha

Terri HarpLady

That’s right!

OMGsrsly

I love how everything is categorized as a win. :)

Enjoying some afternoon tea in the afternoon. Not sure what makes something an afternoon tea as I would definitely consider this a good kick you in the ass morning tea to get you going. Added some honey and cream after I tasted it straight. It’s somewhat sweet on it’s own so it only needed touch of honey. I went on a long run this morning so I’m glad this is a robust tea to give me a little boost to get through till the kids are in bed and i’m on the sofa watching the season 5 premier of dexter. That season 4 finale pretty much kept me up all night. So unnecessary. Ugh.

Thanks Sil! Been enjoying many of the teas you and Terri have sent, although i haven’t been doing a good job of logging them!

One of Sil’s offerings in the BBBBox.
This is very bright, very tart, very ceylon.
Initially, it set off an alarm in my mouth, but once you get past the initial shock, there’s some body to it, kind of sweet. A very citrus mouth, I think this might be better cold. Definitely not a morning tea, for sure. The astringency would make me wretch.

hahahaha murchie’s = milke + sugar for me

Moar Backlogging:

Another tea I had while I was in Vancouver. The downtown has a couple of nice tea shops within a small area so naturally I made it my mission to check them out. I sat down to lunch at Murchie’s with a pot of this tea and a chicken salad croissant.

This is a very light, smooth tea that has little to no astringency or harshness. It also goes well with a splash of milk. It’s maybe a little ‘normal’ tasting for me, though I imagine that drinkers of traditional, straight black tea would think that it’s quite good.

This was my first try at Murchie’s and I must say I had to add a lot of honey to it to counterbalance the bitterness that hit my tongue. Nevertheless, it is not a bad tea but it is not a very memorable tea either. I know I’ll drink what I have on me but I’m positive I may not go back an order more since it doesn’t leave much to the imagination.

Regardless, at least the package I got with it is lovely and did keep me quite awake for the rest of the afternoon.

A strong tea that, unfortunately, doesn’t taste like much of anything to me. I do enjoy using this tea as a black base when mixing with some green teas, but as a solo act, it leaves much to be desired.

Boiling

Not as robust as Murchie’s English Breakfast tea, but better than most American brands. Keep an eye out for the expiration date. Needs only a little milk or cream. Because Muchie’s now only has one official shop, some grocery and beverage suppliers seem to be clearing their warehouses.

Incredibly boring tea… flavourless and bland.