Edit tea info Last updated by AJ

• “Tried this as a normal tea. Tonight. Um no thanks. I stand firm in my belief that murchies sells teas best served with milk and possibly sugar. I've got two more bags to use up tomorrow in my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5047 tasting notes
  • “The lady had actually run out of the bagged stuff, so she sent another employee off to fill one of those t-bags with the loose-leaf stuff. She said it was no trouble, although I said I could just...” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 373 tasting notes

From Murchie's Tea & Coffee

An exotic blend of black tea and Tahitian Vanilla.

About Murchie's Tea & Coffee View company

Tried this as a normal tea. Tonight. Um no thanks. I stand firm in my belief that murchies sells teas best served with milk and possibly sugar. I’ve got two more bags to use up tomorrow in my latte and then it’ll be a sipdown woohohoo!

Cavocorax

Yep. Seconded.
I’m really enjoying my Russian Caravan though, but I doubt I’d restock once I finish the remaining 5 oz. (It was a gift)

El Monstro

Russian Caravan has been reallllll good to me lately. As far as vanilla, I seem to like it best with milk too (or iced).

Amariel

I agree.

The lady had actually run out of the bagged stuff, so she sent another employee off to fill one of those t-bags with the loose-leaf stuff. She said it was no trouble, although I said I could just have an Earl Grey instead.

It smelt pleasantly of vanilla (evident, but by no means strong; the smell of the actual black tea was much stronger), however I couldn’t taste it at all. At times I thought I did—just barely, at the tip of my tongue or something. But there was definitely a sort of vanillay mouth-feel. That somewhat creamy sensation I guess. Perhaps it should have been steeped at a lower temperature for longer. That may bring it out a bit more. But I’ll never know! Unless I buy some and play around with temperatures and steeping times.

I let it steep for around five and a half minutes, but I don’t really know how hot the water was when she poured it. The tea as a black was nice, but the lack of a vanilla taste was a bit disappointing.