Wonderful Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Beckara

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is a strange one. Whenever I rate Earl Grey teas, I'm always torn because I have a very clear idea of what an Earl Grey tea should be, and if a tea deviates from that too much, I have a...” Read full tasting note
    Beckara 95 tasting notes

From My Cup of Tea (Montreal)

A black tea for royal families, scented with bergamot oil

About My Cup of Tea (Montreal) View company

1 Tasting Note

This is a strange one.

Whenever I rate Earl Grey teas, I’m always torn because I have a very clear idea of what an Earl Grey tea should be, and if a tea deviates from that too much, I have a difficult time rating it high because it isn’t what I asked for.

If I ask you to draw me a damn circle, draw a circle! I don’t care if you draw me the best triangle in the world—it isn’t a circle!

When I opened the bag, I was impressed! It certainly smelled like bergamot, so I was expecting a pretty traditional Earl Grey flavour which is exactly what I needed to make getting up in the morning a little easier…

…but this tea tastes like…flowers? I’m not sure what flowers, because it doesn’t have a distinct rose taste or anything, it just tastes like flowers! It’s…sort of nice…It’s a light, fresh tea that really is kind of wonderful…

BUT NOT WHAT I WANTED!

To this tea, I added a splash of lemon and a spoonful of sugar.