Lavender Oolong

Herbal Oolong Blend
Hay, Lavender
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Naivetea

High altitude oolong infused with lavender. Intense lavender aroma. Light and smooth body with calming lavender flavor. Fragrant finish with long sweet after taste.

About Naivetea View company

I really like this one. Just a hint of lavender. The second infusion had the best balance of flavors. A little too sweet after drinking six cups of it :p

This is the tea I was most looking forward to in my NaiveTea sampler pack. I love lavender in chamomile and with NaiveTea’s flair for flavored tea, I figured this would be winner. But I’m sad to say this was not one of their best.

The oolong base doesn’t taste as good as those in their other blends. The tea has a mild lavender flavor but also tastes like flat wheat and a bit stale. It lacks depth and body and isn’t very floral – something I thought would mingle nicely with the lavender.

I’ll try play with steeping variations to see if I can coax out some more flavor out of this tea. In the meantime, I’ll continue to reach for my jar of dried lavender buds for when I want some lavender flavor in my tea.

Flavors: Hay, Lavender

205 °F / 96 °C 1 min, 0 sec 3 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

The initial aroma is rather strong, especially if you’re not used to lavender. However, I find that once steeped, the lavender settles down and doesn’t overtake the oolong’s natural notes, which is both surprising and pleasant. Quite relaxing for a late-night tea, as anything with pure lavender usually is.