Nutty Enough

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “First tea from my April Amoda Tea Box! Just fetched it from the ice/icicle-coated mailbox. Man, is it ever looking to get nasty out there... There have been weather advisories since Tuesday about a...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “This is my second tea from the Amoda tea box. I think the only thing I can really compare it to is Della Terra Tea's Nut & Honey Crunch (which I enjoyed because it was like granola). Anyways I...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1404 tasting notes
  • “This one is odd. I was kind of expecting something akin to Forever Nuts, and it is like it in some ways, but there is a strange taste I'm getting. I wonder if it is the chocolate. I'm actually...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 505 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I really liked this tisane ... it was one of my favorite tisanes that I've received from my Amoda tea box. My only complaint is that more chocolate is always better, so I think that...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4228 tasting notes

From Naked Teas Galore

This nutty tea will be your favourite, blended with sliced almonds, Brazil nuts and a touch of chocolate that will keep you coming back for more.

Blended in Canada from Imported Ingredients

Brewing: 100C – (212F)
Steeping: 5 – 7 mins

Organic Ingredients: Diced Apple / Almonds / Brazil Nuts / Honey Nut / Cinnamon / Cocoa Nibs / Flavouring

About Naked Teas Galore View company

First tea from my April Amoda Tea Box! Just fetched it from the ice/icicle-coated mailbox. Man, is it ever looking to get nasty out there… There have been weather advisories since Tuesday about a wicked winter ice storm headed our way, and it looks to hit fully later tonight (personally, I’m hoping that the power goes out and stays out for like, 5 days. Because then I could justify doing everything else other than writing my thesis…)

Now this tea smells much more like I would have expected DavidsTea’s Forever Nuts to smell like. Dry, the tea smells strongly of various nuts (primarily almond) and a bit like amaretto as well. Steeped, some cinnamon wafts into the aroma, which is not unexpected but perhaps not quite what I was wanting, since the almondy/amaretto combination from the dry tea was what I was really after.

Thankfully, flavourwise, this does taste fairly nutty, to me, and not as fruity as Forever Nuts in spite of the addition of apple pieces (which I think are only serving to prevent this from being a dry nut mouth catastrophe!) The cinnamon is also just a background note, as is the amaretto, for the most part. I’m actually rather enjoying this! I overleafed according to the instructions (I probably used 2tsp for 8 oz.) and I wouldn’t want it any weaker, though it’s perfect as is.

I feel like this tastes similar to a tea I had from DavidsTea that I commented would more aptly fit the name “Forever Nuts”… something is telling me that was Hot Toboggan, but I’m pretty sure that’s not right. Anyways! I like this tea :D Not so apple cidery is a big bonus :)

ETA: I enjoyed my second infusion of this one as well, in half the water. And then proceeded to eat the nuts from the infuser :D Interesting experience! Will repeat.

Boiling 8 min or more
Ozli

oooh that storm passed over us and it was brutal!

This is my second tea from the Amoda tea box. I think the only thing I can really compare it to is Della Terra Tea’s Nut & Honey Crunch (which I enjoyed because it was like granola).

Anyways I think I like this more. When you smell it you get a whomp of cinnamon, but the cinnamon mingles with the apple when you actually sip it. And the nuts are strong but tasty!

This is actually making crazy. The apple-cinnamon, mixed with the almonds etc make me think of some kind of freshly baked treat but I can’t figure out what it is for the life of me. It’s warm, and sweet and very reminiscent of comfort food like “Mom’s Apple Pie”™. Or Apple Crumble.

Someone come here and bake me some treats so I can compare. FOR SCIENCE.

So, looks like I’m 2/2 so far on the box. Tomorrow I will try the Peach Matcha! (maybe steeped in milk as Kittena wasn’t impressed with it in water…)

This one is odd. I was kind of expecting something akin to Forever Nuts, and it is like it in some ways, but there is a strange taste I’m getting. I wonder if it is the chocolate. I’m actually getting almost a licorice like taste, but I’m not sure where from.

This tea is alright, but I have to say, it is not my favourite. I prefer Forever Nuts or Nut and Honeybush Crunch over this.

I do thank MissB for the chance to try this one.

Backlog:

I really liked this tisane … it was one of my favorite tisanes that I’ve received from my Amoda tea box. My only complaint is that more chocolate is always better, so I think that Naked Teas Galore should have added a couple of extra handfuls of the cocoa nibs to the tea as they were blending.

But then again, it was delicious as it was … nutty, sweet, delicious. I liked the way the apple and cinnamon gave it sort of a nutty, apple cider-y kind of taste.

Really tasty … needs more chocolate.

Basically anything I chose tonight was going to be not Cantaloupe Cream enough so I chose this nutty tea that I was kinda shrug about trying. But I quite liked it. A lot better than Forever Nuts and the Della Terra Honey Nut Crunch (?)because the apple is not as pronounced and it’s not oversweet (I have a Almond Marzipan rooibos that I like because it’s nuttish, but it’s also sweet so I’m rarely in the mood for it)… I like the foggy look of it, too. And Brazil nuts! Anyway, not a tea that I need in my cupboard, but a good one to try – thanks cavocorax! Gonna try for a long resteep.

eta – resteep was GREAT until I forgot it, wandering off

Cavocorax

I love how optimistic you are with your ratings. 82 is good bu I’m not gonna buy it for you, while 82 for me means I MUST have 1 oz at all times (in an ideal world where I have lots of monies for tea)

Those little Amoda boxes I send my samples in are pretty cute eh? If you pack them thin enough they’re just $2 to ship!

Ozli

Yes! I sent that one back to you, but K mailed it so idk what the shipping turned out to be. My face went :-O when I saw it had only cost you 2$!!!

LOLOLOL I think ~80 is my “that’s good tea for drinking!” and anything under I’ll only rarely want so rrrreally, my ratings are probably just more compressed? :P But dude, I’m rethinking cupboarding this tea because I had a bit cold this morning and it was just …mmm. BUT I just sipped and automatically poured the rest out (I always taste, just to see) on morning zombie mode and I was sorta standing there at the sink going noo, nooo come back all feebly sad zombie what happened nooo good taste come baaack.

I really love this tea. The smell of the tea is delicious. I wanted to eat it. The steeped smell is just as good. The flavor is really mild but nutty and sweet. Which has made it perfect for an evening tea the last couple nights. I am definitely going to order a full amount from Naked Teas Galore since I really want to have this in my stash now :-)

Thanks Scheherazade for sending me this one.

I love nutty teas, especially when it’s the only flavour and it’s not masked by other flavours. Unfortunately, I didn’t find this terribly nutty. I could detect a hint of almond now and then, but for the most part it was just a sweet black tea.