Organic Candy Cane

Green Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “I'm hesitant to try this tea, only because I've had little luck with anything so far from Naked Teas Galore. Yet in my super-obsession, I've decided making room is more important - and thus when...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes
  • “The dry leaves of this smell really lovely- I could instantly detect the notes of peppermint, rooibos, and rose. As stated before, I'm not the biggest drinker of rooibos tea, but I will always try...” Read full tasting note
    akgrowngirl 70 tasting notes

From Naked Teas Galore

With the Rooibos Red blended with green tea, peppermint and spearmint and some beautiful flowers makes it a perfect blend of Christmas colors and minty candy cane taste.

Brewing: 70C(158F) – 80C(185F)
Steeping: 2 – 3 mins

Organic Ingredients: Chunmee / Rooibos Red / Peppermint / Spearmint / Cinnamon / Rosehips / Rose Petals / Jasmine Flower / Flavouring

About Naked Teas Galore View company

I’m hesitant to try this tea, only because I’ve had little luck with anything so far from Naked Teas Galore. Yet in my super-obsession, I’ve decided making room is more important – and thus when this fell down, it was my choice for the evening. Oh yeah, and a green/rooibos blend, which should be interesting for sleep this evening.

In the bag this did smell like a creamy candy cane, with a hint of floral notes. Steeped, it tastes mildly minty for the first cup or so. Slowly it evolved into something a bit creamier and decadent, but it really wasn’t great until I added some Truvia. Then, it really did become a minty, creamy candy cane, and likely better if I was willing to add some cream/milk/soy to it.

Steeping parameters were interesting: 3-4 min on the bag (2-3 min on their website) and 176F (my kettle went to 175F), and 1 tsp/6oz, so I overleafed slightly at 1.5 tsp per 8 oz.

I doubt I’ll restock this, however I’m sure I’ll manage to drink it down.

The dry leaves of this smell really lovely- I could instantly detect the notes of peppermint, rooibos, and rose. As stated before, I’m not the biggest drinker of rooibos tea, but I will always try something once.

Steeped, the taste remains very similar to the dry nose scent. The peppermint was much milder than I had expected, so I kind of feel like the title of this tea is misleading. I definitely did not feel like I was drinking a candy cane. Nevertheless, I was impressed with how well the rooibos and peppermint and floral notes blended together. Overall, I wouldn’t buy this for myself personally, but it is a nice tea. Just not a personal “must have.” Thanks to MissB for sending a sample my way.

MissB

Oh, I’m glad you tried it. It’s an odd tea, and I’ve had varied results with Naked Teas Galore. This one… well I found it better sweetened.