Rosemary White Tea

Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Denise @ Nature's Tea Leaf

• “This came in my Nature's Tea Leaf order but I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I know that rosemary is supposed to have a lot of health benefits and I do use it a lot in cooking, though I've...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2163 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Kasumi* for this sample! I've tried some savory teas before, but usually with sage. I've had two blends with rosemary and one was great (Victorian EG) and one was... weird (Sakurambo)....” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Loose Appearance: twiggy, many shades of green, large leaf and stems Aroma when Dry: Nutty, woody, slightly floral. After water is first poured: Buttery, nutty At end of steep: buttery, nutty,...” Read full tasting note
    NatureDancer 189 tasting notes

From Nature's Tea Leaf

Rosemary white tea is an exceptional blend of rosemary herbs and premium white peony tea leaves. Rosemary tea is a good source of many vitamins including B1, B12 and Niacin. Rosemary increases blood circulation and refreshes & energizes the mind, warming the body from the inside out. It has long been a staple in aromatherapy bringing vitality, optimism and a restful sleep. Our Rosemary White Tea has a delightful scent with a unique and almost sweet flavor and can be enjoyed hot or cold.

About Nature's Tea Leaf View company

This came in my Nature’s Tea Leaf order but I haven’t had the chance to try it yet. I know that rosemary is supposed to have a lot of health benefits and I do use it a lot in cooking, though I’ve never had it in a tea before.

This is a lot better than I thought it would be, the white tea has a nice fruity sweetness which complements the rosemary. There is a definite nuttiness to this, which reminds me of sesame or almond oil. I was worried it would be too “savory” but the rosemary is a bit on the subtle side. I’ll have to remember to drink this the next time I have a cold!

P.S. I really don’t think there’s any Vitamin B12 in rosemary, despite the claims made by Nature’s Tea Leaf.

K S

According to Live Strong rosemary is high in B12

According to Diet and Fitness Today it has 0mcg/100g

I guess the moral of the story is don’t give up your Flintstone vitamins but do enjoy a good cup of tea.

TeaBrat

To my knowledge B12 is only found in animal products and some kinds of nutritional yeasts, etc.

Jillian

Amy is correct, plants aren’t capable of synthesizing B12 because they don’t have the symbiotic bacteria that animals have in their intestines to produce it (read the Wikipedia article, it’s quite interesting). Although rosemary might contain other B vitamins (there’s like a gazillion) which might be where the confusion is coming from.

Thanks to Kasumi for this sample! I’ve tried some savory teas before, but usually with sage. I’ve had two blends with rosemary and one was great (Victorian EG) and one was… weird (Sakurambo). So I approached this tea with a bit of trepidation.

The taste is SO unique. The white base is light and soft and almost fruity-sweet, and lets the rosemary really shine. It’s herby, woodsy, a little nutty and has just the right hint of grassiness. It definitely tastes like rosemary, but so different from the preparation it usually gets. It’s like there was a whole sweet side to this herb I never knew about!

Now I really want to experiment with rosemary in sweets. I have a recipe for olive oil rosemary tea cakes, maybe that would be a good place to start? Certainly seems fitting, considering how tea-obsessed I am!

Em

Do share the recipe :) I love rosemary!

gmathis

Ooh, the tea cakes sound great!

Novi

That sounds delicious! My favorite thing to add rosemary to are simple candied pecans… not necessarily a baked good, but incredible!

Kasumi no Chajin

Since I tried this tea I have been thinking on rosemary lavender madeleines..possibly using this tea, and/or a lav oolong.

Loose
Appearance: twiggy, many shades of green, large leaf and stems
Aroma when Dry: Nutty, woody, slightly floral.
After water is first poured: Buttery, nutty
At end of steep: buttery, nutty, sightly floral
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: Light grassy green
Staple? Yes
Time of day preferred: unsure, first tasting.
Taste:
first notes: buttery, rosemary brings a foresty touch. Light floral finish
As it cools? notes mingle, but do not blend into hiding. gets earthier, with a slight sweetness.
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No.
Lingers? Yes, slightly woody, bright hints of floral.