Sandakphu Hand-Rolled

Edit tea info Last updated by Roblikesnepalitea

• “The first of a few samples I purchased from Nepali Tea Traders. I had some ambitious plans for today but right now I am drinking tea in my bathrobe and that seems okay with me. :) These are...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2163 tasting notes
  • “Very pretty tea leaves - white, golden, leathery brown, black and greyish green. It looks like a Darjeeling after steeping. It is a very light tea. When it cools off it gives a fair bit of floral...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 424 tasting notes

From Nepali Tea Traders

A top-rated Orthodox black tea, only two leaves and a bud are hand plucked for processing. This full-leaf, loose tea is then oxidized carefully until a fine balance of flavors is achieved. This exquisite tea has a smooth floral bouquet with a lingering apricot finish. Tea available in pouches and tin.

About Nepali Tea Traders View company

These are gorgeous slender leaves that are a mix of dark brown and white. My cup brewed up to be a medium reddish-brown color that smells of walnut and oak. This is slightly reminiscent of a second flush darjeeling but with some mellow character. At first I did not notice the floral character at all, but as the cup cools I am finding it.

To me the flavor of this tea is nutty with a bit of astringency and the fruitiness really comes out in the finish. I used boiling water for my tea but on the website they suggest using water that has cooled off for one minute, so I will have to try that next time. I will update my tasting notes if I find anything has changed. I do seem to get better results with teas from this region and darjeelings with water that isn’t quite so hot. It is easy to drink this plain due to the mellow quality but it would also be nice with a touch of sweetener, definitely no milk.

Overall I was pleased with this, it seems to be a fine Nepali tea.

Very pretty tea leaves – white, golden, leathery brown, black and greyish green. It looks like a Darjeeling after steeping. It is a very light tea. When it cools off it gives a fair bit of floral notes and becomes drier. Very nice all in all. Thanks, Teabrat!