Annapurna Amber Oolong

Medium
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

5 Images

• “Thank you to Nepali Tea Traders for including this beautiful tea with the sample of Masala Chai they sent to me last month. Looking at this tea, the dry leaves are long and curled. When I drop...” Read full tasting note
    spharo 248 tasting notes
  • “This tea smells a lot like Darjeeling in the package which is interesting. The taste is rather mild for what would be expected when you look at the liquor and smell the tea. This tea is great for...” Read full tasting note
    Proust614 384 tasting notes

From Nepali Tea Traders

Sweet, Earthy

A stunning Himalayan massif, Annapurna is Sanskrit for “Goddess of the Harvests.” One leaf and a bud, plus a mature leaf are plucked. The tea is oxidized slowly, in cold air, then double fired. An exceptional Darjeeling-sytle oolong, Annapurna Oolong is infused with apricot and muscat grape flavors. Its liquor is full bodied, revealing a beautiful red-amber hue distinctive to our teas. Subtle notes of malt and caramel linger in the finish.

STEEPING INSTRUCTIONS

One heaping teaspoon of tea per 8 ounce cup. Cool boiling water for 2 minutes, then steep tea 2 – 3 minutes. Additional Steeping: One steeping for 2 – 3 minutes.

About Nepali Tea Traders View company

Thank you to Nepali Tea Traders for including this beautiful tea with the sample of Masala Chai they sent to me last month. Looking at this tea, the dry leaves are long and curled. When I drop them into the steaming water they move and twirl like a nest of lazing snakes. The smell is clean and airy like a cool spring afternoon with the windows thrown open. After steeping, the leaves have opened just a bit but are still somewhat curled into each other. Both the leaves and the liquid have taken on a roasted quality which I’m greatly enjoying.

I’ve been thinking the last couple of days about the people of Nepal, about all they’ve lost. I have to remind myself to be sincere, to be understanding. Nepal is a world away, a place I’ve never seen filled with people I’ve never met. It’s hard to imagine the devastation and destruction when I’m listening to the news in my car or sitting in my kitchen surrounded by safety and comfort. The number lost is astounding to me, incomprehensible even, like it’s so high that it barely contains meaning. What to even compare it to? And as if the people lost are not enough, those who remain have had chunks of their identity and culture taken from them, history crumbling right before their eyes. I have to remind myself to be empathetic, to try to understand what all of this must be like for so many people. The fear and the uncertainty. It’s so easy for me to turn my face, to close my mind. But I don’t want to. I want to connect, to help. Even across this great big world. I know there are ways to give, and I will find them, but until then I’m going to connect in the best way I know how. I’ll drink a cup of this tea, the leaves worked by Nepali hands, and pray for the hurt. I’ll remember and be grateful.

Flavors: Roasted

This tea smells a lot like Darjeeling in the package which is interesting. The taste is rather mild for what would be expected when you look at the liquor and smell the tea. This tea is great for some calm sipping, but I would like something a bit stronger.

5 g 14 OZ / 414 ML