Himalayan Masala

Black Chai Blend
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “Finally got time to try the sample from Nepali Tea Traders! I brewed this at work and almost completely forgot when I got caught up doing something else. thank goodness I was able...” Read full tasting note
    thelastdodo 227 tasting notes
  • “Steeped up my sample from Nepali Tea Traders this morning! So, I decidedly love chai – the strong robust flavors, spicing hitting you from every direction.. Not so in this cup! This is a very...” Read full tasting note
    kieblera5 59 tasting notes

From Nepali Tea Traders

A traditional Nepali black spiced tea. Cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and a touch of pepper create a delightful fragrance and a light, flavorful cup of tea. The tea comes in elegant pyramid bags, making the tea convenient to brew at home, in your office, or on the go.

About Nepali Tea Traders View company

Finally got time to try the sample from Nepali Tea Traders! I brewed this at work and almost completely forgot when I got caught up doing something else. thank goodness I was able to save it from oversteeped hell just in time. I was nervous at the first sip and was bracing myself for a bitter brew, but thankfully only sweet, sweet smooth masala was there to comfort me. This was a great sample, with all the right spice, sweetness and bread-like malty qualities I like in a chai. It packs the beast ratio of chai ‘punch’. I actually like the sachet it came in. it’s a convenient way for me to make a good cuppa at work without the fuss.

Steeped up my sample from Nepali Tea Traders this morning!

So, I decidedly love chai – the strong robust flavors, spicing hitting you from every direction.. Not so in this cup! This is a very mild black tea base with a subtle and non-bitter taste. The chai spices of cinnamon, cardamom, and clove come through just as gently, creating a full experience without the “in your face” impact of a typical chai.

I think the tea smells like a spiced hong cha, very gentle in the base tea. I brewed one of the pyramid bags in the sample in 16oz of 200 degree water for 3 minutes. The resulting brew color is a dark amber. The taste is strangely spicy with a certain sweetness on the back. The flavor does not cling to the tongue, creating a smooth finish with no lingering bitterness or astringency. Definitely an enjoyable and unique blend!

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove

yyz

Too be quite honest I think spicing that is not in your face is actually more authentic than the peppery taste we have for it in NA. This is only in reference to my experiences in North and central India. I do enjoy a hot spicy Chai, but the subtler ones are the ones that bring back memories.