Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I've tried dozens of chai's in my time since it's my favorite type of tea blend but this has to be the worst chai I have ever had. Vanilla was super artificial tasting and very bitter (yes I brewed...” Read full tasting note
    chaifanatic 8 tasting notes

From New Mexico Tea Company

Indian chai is typically made using a rich black tea, usually an Assam, and brewing it in heavy milk with cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and pepper. The drink produces a warm soothing effect and engenders a wonderfully calming effect on the body. Vanilla adds a hint of creaminess – a fantastic addition. Brew this tea piping hot and scoop in some sugar to help open up the exotic flavor of this spicy blend. Just try and stop after one cup!

Chai is such an integral part of Indian culture that it is virtually impossible to avoid when traveling through any part of the Indian sub-continent. Even when fresh cold drinking water cannot be found, you will inevitably encounter a chai-wallah, or chai seller, yelling out, “chayee! chayee!”

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve tried dozens of chai’s in my time since it’s my favorite type of tea blend but this has to be the worst chai I have ever had. Vanilla was super artificial tasting and very bitter (yes I brewed at correct temp and time). First tea I have ever owned that I have tossed in the trash with no hesitation at the loss of 4 oz of unbrewed tea leaves. I didn’t even want to sample it out to anyone it was that bad.

UPDATE: (4/28/13)
After reading my review of this tea on Steepster the owner of New Mexico Tea Company personally emailed me with apologies. He then followed up with a gift card in the amount of the tea I bought so that I could order something else more to my liking! This is customer service at its best and why I love to support small business owners!

New Mexico Tea Company

I am sorry you did not enjoy the Vanilla Chai. I personally prefer our Masala Chai (We blend that one ourselves), but still carry the Vanilla Chai because it seems to be popular with some people.

I tried to find your order, but was unable to with just the info in your profile. Feel free to contact us for store credit for the value of the tea. [email protected]