Monk's Grenadine Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This came as the free sample with my NMTC order. This is just ok for me. I like the grenadine, vanilla part of this but not the black base. The base is too sharp ? astringent ? bitter ?...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 578 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown the sixth! This blend sounded intriguing to me, but I ended up finding it a bit weird. There was sweetness from the vanilla and tartness from the pomegranate, but the two seemed at odds...” Read full tasting note
    Fiddling 93 tasting notes
  • “My last tasting note of this was 8 months ago and I stated that I liked it even though I wasn't a fan of black teas. I giggled to myself because now I adore black teas! How interesting and...” Read full tasting note
    jennlea 162 tasting notes
  • “As a hot tea, I'm not really a fan. I left the mug on the table and let if chill to room temperature (which is pretty cold right now), and liked it much better cold. I think I'll use the rest of my...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 262 tasting notes

From New Mexico Tea Company

Medium bodied and flavorful. Blended with natural oils of vanilla and grenadine, which impart a smooth and unique heavenly flavor.

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

This came as the free sample with my NMTC order.
This is just ok for me. I like the grenadine, vanilla part of this but not the black base. The base is too sharp ? astringent ? bitter ? something unpleasant.
The first cup of this I may have oversteeped it, and it was pretty bitter. Was really careful with the second cup and while it was better it still had some astringency to it. I don’t like finicky tea. It’s too bad because I really did like the flavors.

Sipdown the sixth! This blend sounded intriguing to me, but I ended up finding it a bit weird. There was sweetness from the vanilla and tartness from the pomegranate, but the two seemed at odds with one another. The black base was a bit more astringent than I would have liked, but still drinkable.

Thanks for sharing, GiggleGoddess!

My last tasting note of this was 8 months ago and I stated that I liked it even though I wasn’t a fan of black teas. I giggled to myself because now I adore black teas! How interesting and exciting it is to find that our tea tastes can change. And how awesome that we can keep track of those changes!

This tea has a nice full flavor. The grenadine and vanilla are just enough to make it sweet and interesting without adding anything extra to it. The black base isn’t overpowering or bitter but does have a slight drying sensation on the back of the tongue. Nothing extreme though and it doesn’t bother me. Not bad for a flavored tea!

As a hot tea, I’m not really a fan. I left the mug on the table and let if chill to room temperature (which is pretty cold right now), and liked it much better cold. I think I’ll use the rest of my 1 oz. pack for iced tea, but doubt I’ll be reordering.

This blend isn’t too bad. It smells lovely…like pomegranates. Once brewed I get a vague smell of cotton candy of all things! Even the first intial sips taste like cotton candy. I can taste the black tea. There’s a nice balance of fruitiness and black tea. The fruit kind of lingers on my tounge the longer I let it sit. Perhaps adding sweetener would make it spot on? Perhaps with a future steeping:)