Bergamot, Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavours
High
Edit tea info Last updated by New Mexico Tea Company
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 7 oz / 200 ml

2 Images

• “I like this one! My order from NMTC came in today - three cream teas. This one, their Vanilla Cream, and a sample of their Black Jasmine Cream. That one interests me the most, but the EGC just...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “I've been drinking a lot of stovetop Chai recently, and I started wondering if you could make other teas the same way to achieve a latte effect without the steaming. I didn't bring a whole lot of...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “I wanted to love this tea, but I don't:) I discovered that I had one serving left of Upton's creme vanilla EG. So, I am having a sip down between two teas.... Cream EG is weak tasting to me, it...” Read full tasting note
    threewhales 304 tasting notes
  • “I must admit that earl grey teas are not my favorite. My experience with them is that they've been a little bit too bitter, drying and sharp. My friend did give me a nice earl grey from The Tea...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 527 tasting notes

From New Mexico Tea Company

An exquisite Earl Grey character mellowed with soft hints of cream. If you are fan of Earl Grey and have not tried tried this, you are in for a treat. Cream Earl Grey has a taste that is smooth with vanilla overtones, which stand out above the premium bergamot flavor – the signature taste of Earl Grey.

Extra Info:
Make a “London Fog” without a milk steamer:
1) Use 1.5 teaspoons of Cream Earl Grey and steep for 5 minutes.
2) While the tea is steeping take heavy cream, add in some vanilla extract, sugar, and a touch of boiling water. Shake the cream vigorously (to simulate the steaming process)
3). When the tea is ready, pour the cream mixture in. You even get a nice layer of froth on top!

Ingredients:
Black tea, cornflower petals, bergamot oil, and natural flavors

Origin:
Sri Lanka

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

I like this one! My order from NMTC came in today – three cream teas. This one, their Vanilla Cream, and a sample of their Black Jasmine Cream. That one interests me the most, but the EGC just smelled so good!

Nice black base, not astringent. A bit of agave, a bit of milk. Not quite enough bergamot for my taste, but it’s still good. Ended up adding /too/ much agave, made it too sweet, but still finished the pot. I don’t regret buying 2oz of this!

Em

My order came today too :) Thank you for mentioning the New Mexico Tea Company. I liked this one. Looking forward to the other 3 I ordered. I didn’t catch the Jasmine Cream. Sounds like a good one. I look forward to seeing your tasting note :)

Michelle

Which ones did you get?

Em

Cardamom black, Russian Caravan, and Iron Silk Puerh. Bonus, they sent me a sample of the Autumn Oolong.

I’ve been drinking a lot of stovetop Chai recently, and I started wondering if you could make other teas the same way to achieve a latte effect without the steaming. I didn’t bring a whole lot of teas to my parents’ house but thankfully my mom has this in her cupboard—though I could have sworn I logged it before, I apparently didn’t so I suppose this is the first time!

1/2 a cup water, 1 1/2 cups 2% milk, a generous spoonful of sugar, 1 heaping tablespoon Cream Earl Grey, simmered in a saucepan for 10 minutes. I always worry about black bases getting bitter this way but they never do! Maybe because the heat is so low? The resulting concoction is divine, like the best London Fog in the world only, well, better! Rich, thick, creamy and totally blissful.

This tea non-latte style is one of my favorite EGCs, creamier than many but also with a particularly strong bergamot kick so it is still definitely an earl grey.

Back to the stovetop latte part: I don’t think I’m ever going to prepare EG in any other way than this! It’s just… so good. Though usually I use whole milk so I’d change the water to milk ratio to 1/1. But for 2% I find I need to use a heavy hand or it’s just… watery.

Kamyria

Oh… Stove top Chai, that’s a new one to me…. Sounds so yummy…. I’m keeping an eye on this recipe… Thank you for sharing! :)

I wanted to love this tea, but I don’t:)
I discovered that I had one serving left of Upton’s creme vanilla EG. So, I am having a sip down between two teas….
Cream EG is weak tasting to me, it smells like cream, but when you sip….where is that cream?
Upton’s version is not much better. Weak and where is that cream?
I guess, I will use this tea to make EG tea cookies. Life is too short to drink mediocre tea.

I must admit that earl grey teas are not my favorite. My experience with them is that they’ve been a little bit too bitter, drying and sharp. My friend did give me a nice earl grey from The Tea Spot and I enjoyed that whole tin. I also have sipped Teavana’s earl grey cream, but I found myself wanting a bit more cream.

I know that some love earl grey cream teas so much.. and after seeing the potential of Teavana’s blend, I thought it was time to try more! This tea smells very much like a typical earl grey, but with the addition of something else… milk perhaps?

Sipping… ah.. that signature bergamot taste. This one is very smooth, though and has somewhat of a creamy finish. The cream doesn’t overwhelm the blend, but adds just a hint of softness. It’s delicious even though I would like more soft, lovely cream! I will definitely finish the rest of my bag, but I’m still on the hunt for the creamiest earl grey out there!

I love Earl Grey and this is my first cream. I like the addition of vanilla in the flavors. It’s very smooth and bergamot-y.

I like the suggestion of making a London Fog. I may have to try that next. It is crazy foggy here, so it would be fitting.

Thank you, QueenOfTarts, for giving me the opportunity to try this tea! It completely lives up to the name, and the dry smell is wonderfully pervasive. There was a little more cream and a little less of the traditional Earl Grey flavor profile than I usually like, but it was still fun to try!

You can read my full review here:

I usually have this tea with milk but today I made a cup before finding out we were out of milk so I had it was just a little sugar. It’s still a good cup of tea, creamy and the bergamot is more noticeable without the milk so I might keep drinking it without milk because I love bergamot.

I can’t help comparing this to the Teavana’s Earl Grey Creme, and this one comes out much better, both price wise and in taste. The earl grey flavor is quite strong and present, and tempered by the cream. It’s quite lovely. If you love earl grey, you’ll love this one.

Beginning to feel like I need to do an earl grey plot map or something, with creaminess as one axis and bergamot/floral character as another maybe. If I could do it in 3D that’d be even better, ‘cause there’s so many other possible dimensions…smokiness, briskness, fruitiness. My goodness.

But anyway, if I were to do that, Della Terra’s would be much further to the creamy side than this one. This has more of the classic earl grey character—the taste of smooth black tea and floral notes. There is some vanilla, but it’s with a much lighter hand. It’s not as like-eating-ice-cream dessert-rich as Della Terra’s. And it’s not as harsh as Harney and Sons’. It smells fantastic both dry and in the cup. It’s very…smack dab in the middle of everything, relative to all of the others I’ve tried. No one element is way far out there with everything else receding. Balanced, I guess. The floral aroma is particularly vivid and lovely, I must say. There’s some tannin and astringency build-up as I finish the cup (but I think I might’ve used slightly too much tea leaf, granted). I could definitely drink this again with pleasure. It’s a good afternoon earl grey.

Good Morning Steepster. With having little sleep last night but having to get up early and wait for a parcel re-delivery (which could be here as early as 7am) I’ve been forced to shuffle downstairs and start my day. An Earl Grey is my ‘drug’ of choice for this morning and a cream version sounds perfect, something soothing but with enough kick to stop me being zombie-fied.

New Mexico is a company I consider ordering from as they have reasonable UK shipping rates and sooo many tea blends. Not got around to it yet but it’s always good to try a sample or two before I order.

Raw scent is very perfumed and thick, the bergamot is waxy and the vanilla sweet which is a beautiful contrast.

Tea is medium strength with beautiful vanilla tones (pod ie natural)and the bergamot is waxy but light and sweetened by the vanilla. Also a light toffee style flavour. I bought some sweetener in just in-case but it’s sweet enough without it, husband agrees too.
Not as strong as it smells but it does have a nice level of flavour and it lingers in the mouth nicely.

Glad I made a pot of it this morning, it went down very well. When I eventually get around to doing an order I will get a bit more of this.

Flavors: Vanilla