Strawberry Black

Edit tea info Last updated by Azzrian
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From New Mexico Tea Company

A summertime favorite, particularly over ice. This tea blend is similar to Lady Londonderry but without the lemon.
Strawberries are grown throughout the world. In the 13th century the French used strawberries for medicinal purposes because they are high in folic acid and vitamin C. The strawberry was first cultivated in ancient Rome and is rumored to have been one of Nero’s favorite fruits.

INGREDIENTS:

black tea, strawberry leaves, natural strawberry flavor
ORIGIN:

blend

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

Tea #8 from HHTTB2

When this is piping hot, the strawberry flavor is pretty solid. It’s not terribly artificial, and nothing outstanding, but it’s a tart strawberry flavor that’s relatively true to strawberry and refrains from being candy-like. But as the cup cools, the plastic flavor creeps in until it’s pretty much all I can think about in the sip.

Tea #12 from the Here’s Hoping TTB

I’m not really a fan of this. While the strawberry doesn’t taste completely candy-like and artificial like most strawberry teas, I think the black base has a rather odd flavor to it. In general I haven’t been a big fan of the black base NMTeaCo uses.

Here’s Hoping Tea Box

Fairly tart strawberry flavoring. Bold base. Probably would make a good iced tea.

Decent strawberry tea. it doesn’t taste artificial and it’s as bitter as the Huckleberry and blackberry teas also from NM Tea Co, but I’m not in love. Nothing stands out as amazing flavor or superb quality. Just a simple black tea with a splash of strawberry.

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #11
The dry leaves here is a CTC black tea mixed with longer black leaves, as well as some strawberry leaves. Hmm… I’m not getting any hints of strawberry here at all, but to be fair, I was sipping this while eating raspberries. The black tea also seems a bit mild for being half CTC, but it’s tasty anyway. You can’t really beat these raspberries though, so I’ll blame those.
Steep #1 // just boiled // 3 min

From the Here’s hoping Traveling Tea Box #2 (HHTTB2)

This is a middle of the road strawberry tea. It’s good but not great. The strawberry taste slightly bitter and fruity rather than like candy, so that’s a plus. I do think this would make a nice iced tea. I did add a teaspoon of sugar to my cup. I probably could have coaxed more strawberry flavor out of the tea by adding more sugar, but I really didn’t want to do that.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML