Rainbow Amaretto Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

From New Mexico Tea Company

Add some milk and sugar to this rooibos and the amaretto comes alive. Its like drinking a cookie.

Rooibos, red thistle, cornflower + calendula petals, Almond extract, natural flavors.

Rooibos: South Africa
Blended: Canada

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

Normally I only have one cup of rooibos tea before bed, but last night I drank several cups of this trying to figure out just what was missing. I really enjoyed this blend, but I think it needs to be a little sweeter. This leave me with a bit of a problem since I don’t like adding sugar to my tea, especially before bed. It does remind me of amaretto and I think the rooibos base adds a really nutty flavor to the blend in addition to the almond flavoring.

I made another cup of this first thing this morning, even though I don’t normally start off my day with rooibos. With the addition of some sugar this was nearly perfect. I’m thinking that I may want to try making an almond milk latte and see how that goes. This will likely be a reorder for me at some point, just so I have something different to drink before bed, but I wish it had resteeped better.

Hmm… Very mixed feelings about this. I’m getting more marzipan than amaretto, but I wish it was sweeter. I’ll have to try again with some sugar…