Edit tea info Last updated by Shelley_Lorraine

• “*Traveling Tea Box C #23* Yummmmmmyyyy! I'm going to have to add New Mexico Tea company tk my tea order list. This is delicious. I cold steeped this last night before I went to bed and am having...” Read full tasting note
    Mnoelle225 206 tasting notes
  • “Both this tea and the huckleberry tea from NM Tea Co. have Blackberry leaves and cornflower petals in a black base, so I wondered how different they would really be. I liked the Huckleberry tea,...” Read full tasting note
    Flightysprite 471 tasting notes

From New Mexico Tea Company

Sweet and berry best describes this tea. Try it with a touch of honey for a special treat, or serve with milk and sugar for a classic taste.
INGREDIENTS:

Black tea | Blackberry leaves | Cornflower petals | Mallow blossoms | Natural flavors
ORIGIN:

Tea: Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka
Blended: Canada

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

Traveling Tea Box C #23
Yummmmmmyyyy! I’m going to have to add New Mexico Tea company tk my tea order list. This is delicious. I cold steeped this last night before I went to bed and am having it with my after work snack/lunch. It was not bitter at all. Sweet and you can definitely taste the black berry. It taste just like the fresh fruit. How incredible! I love it! A little of this will have to stay with me and I will send the rest off sadly :( thank you Shelley_Loraine for adding this one.

Iced 8 min or more
Shelley_Lorraine

it does tend to get bitter easily if you over leaf or steep a second too long. Make sure you remember that sweet spot the first time. If you order from there, try the huckleberry too, its almost identical, but I like it just ever so slightly better.

Shelley_Lorraine

I can’t comment on cold steeping though, as I never do that. . . :)

BrewTEAlly Sweet

It enhances the flavors so much! You should try it! It eill change everything. Rarely it’ll get bitter. I left it in the fridge for 13 hrs… and I was terrified because I usually only leave it in for 8-10 for black teas but it wasn’t bitter at all.

Both this tea and the huckleberry tea from NM Tea Co. have Blackberry leaves and cornflower petals in a black base, so I wondered how different they would really be. I liked the Huckleberry tea, but this tea seems a lot more bitter and astringent than the other (much like my husband thought of the huckleberry tea. . see that tasting note too). I think it may be that I just liked the Huckleberry flavor better so it compensated for otherwise unpleasant bitterness.

Both teas have a better flavor while they are hot, but the bitterness sets in as they cool.