Lady Londonderry

Black Fruit Blend
Berry, Citrus, Lemon, Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “Since I don’t live near certain stores anymore, I got this from my new local shop as a Summer tea. Firstly, it smells awesome. A nice blend of citrus and strawberry. The flavour is more lemon...” Read full tasting note
    Lariel 523 tasting notes
  • “The lemon in this lemon-strawberry combo comes from lemon balm rather than lemon peel; I consider this a happy change as lemon peel is often so bitter. While the strawberry and lemon balm are...” Read full tasting note
    tamarindel 287 tasting notes
  • “So I apparently never reviewed this. Shame on me! This is a fruity sweet black tea. It was okay hot, but I made the most wonderful jug of iced tea from this over the summer. It’s lovely, and...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 341 tasting notes
  • “Iced always of course, It reminds me of Country Time pink lemonade that I have not had in years. My husband does not agree so I may be off on my idea. I’m making the last of it for a family...” Read full tasting note
    NayLynn 338 tasting notes

From New Mexico Tea Company

This classic afternoon tea has hints of strawberry with lemon overtones. One of our most requested teas for tea parties.

EXTRA INFO:
Edith Helen Chaplin was known as Lady Londonderry after her husband inherited the title of “7th Marquess of Londonderry” in 1915. She aided her husband by setting up an Officers’ Hospital in her house during WWI, and was the first woman to be appointed to be a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the Military Division.

Another famous Londonderry was Annie Cohen Kopchovsky. She was the first woman to bike around the world in the 1890’s. Londonderry Lithia, a spring water company paid her $100 to carry its name on her bike and also convinced her to take on its name. She was known from then on as Annie Londonderry.

INGREDIENTS:
Black tea, freeze dried strawberry, natural dried lemon balm, calendula + sunflower petals. With other natural flavors.

ORIGIN:
Sri Lanka

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

Since I don’t live near certain stores anymore, I got this from my new local shop as a Summer tea. Firstly, it smells awesome. A nice blend of citrus and strawberry. The flavour is more lemon with hints of berry, but not as strong.

Good, but will have to try it iced.

Flavors: Berry, Citrus, Lemon, Strawberry

Lariel of Lórien

Makes great iced tea, I get much more strawberry flavour.

ashmanra

I tried making it iced with Frank’s quick pourover method and it was great!

Lariel of Lórien

I make it for one 8 oz service. Brew hot, then add ice and sweeten.

The lemon in this lemon-strawberry combo comes from lemon balm rather than lemon peel; I consider this a happy change as lemon peel is often so bitter. While the strawberry and lemon balm are delicious together, the flavor is so faint! I feel like I’m smelling this but not quite tasting it. I don’t know if I got an old sample or need to revise my steeping methods? There aren’t any instructions on the bag, but black tea is usually pretty straightforward. Hmmm, I’ll experiment more with this one another time.

So I apparently never reviewed this. Shame on me!

This is a fruity sweet black tea. It was okay hot, but I made the most wonderful jug of iced tea from this over the summer. It’s lovely, and light, and perfectly refreshing. I sent on the remainder to Arshness in the Pass Your Stash TTB. Hopefully she enjoys it!

Iced always of course, It reminds me of Country Time pink lemonade that I have not had in years. My husband does not agree so I may be off on my idea. I’m making the last of it for a family get together tomorrow and I will update how it goes over.
Edit: They thought it tasted like flowers, so I looked up the ingredients and guess what, It has flowers in it. I think I should note that they normally drink super sweet black iced tea or Arizona so this may have been a little different for them. I still like it and being able to buy an 1oz for 2.75 I can happily get more just for me.