Lady Londonderry

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Iced always of course, It reminds me of Country Time pink lemonade that I have not had in years. My husband does not agree so I may be off on my idea. I'm making the last of it for a family get...” Read full tasting note
    NayLynn 213 tasting notes

From New Mexico Tea Company

This classic afternoon tea has hints of strawberry with lemon overtones. One of our most requested teas for tea parties.

EXTRA INFO:
Edith Helen Chaplin was known as Lady Londonderry after her husband inherited the title of “7th Marquess of Londonderry” in 1915. She aided her husband by setting up an Officers’ Hospital in her house during WWI, and was the first woman to be appointed to be a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the Military Division.

Another famous Londonderry was Annie Cohen Kopchovsky. She was the first woman to bike around the world in the 1890’s. Londonderry Lithia, a spring water company paid her $100 to carry its name on her bike and also convinced her to take on its name. She was known from then on as Annie Londonderry.

INGREDIENTS:
Black tea, freeze dried strawberry, natural dried lemon balm, calendula + sunflower petals. With other natural flavors.

ORIGIN:
Sri Lanka

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

Iced always of course, It reminds me of Country Time pink lemonade that I have not had in years. My husband does not agree so I may be off on my idea. I’m making the last of it for a family get together tomorrow and I will update how it goes over.
Edit: They thought it tasted like flowers, so I looked up the ingredients and guess what, It has flowers in it. I think I should note that they normally drink super sweet black iced tea or Arizona so this may have been a little different for them. I still like it and being able to buy an 1oz for 2.75 I can happily get more just for me.