Blueberry, Hibiscus
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie
3 min, 0 sec 68 oz / 2011 ml

From New Mexico Tea Company

Blending the goodness of fresh blueberries with a white Pai mu tan from Fujian, this tea heralds sweet luscious notes of berry floating over the jammy character of the base tea.

The tiny blueberry fruit is marvelously sweet, and incredibly good for you. In addition to being chock full of antioxidants, a recent Japanese study showed that blueberries may even give carrots a run for their money in the eye department due to a compound called anthocyanin in the fruit’s blue pigment.

White tea, natural flavors

Fujian, China

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

It did have a taste of Blueberry but it was more artificial tasting. I tasted more Hibiscus than anything. If your a fan of Hibiscus try this tea. Its a drinkable tea, I just had no taste of White tea which was disappointing to me.

Flavors: Blueberry, Hibiscus

So it’s summer in the DC region and the humidity outside is around 70%, causing it to feel infinitely hotter than it actually says on the thermometer. Also, you feel like you’re melting.

Enter iced tea. I ordered a sample pack of this sometime last year and had never opened it. But it’s been hot. Hotter than hot. Not quite Qatar-hot, but then Qatar isn’t known for feeling like a sponge… Anyway, it’s been hot, and I have been living off iced tea. And I had just finished my last jug and was looking for something else to brew. This caught my eye and I tore open the pack.

About a 2:1 ratio of tea to sugar. Hot brewed and then stuck in the fridge once it had cooled. It’s absolutely delicious. I will have to buy more of this. Definitely. I love it. The blueberry flavor is definitely there, though it tastes more like flavor than actual blueberries (this is a common complaint on fruit teas). Light, refreshing. YUM.

Flavors: Blueberry

3 min, 0 sec 8 tsp 68 OZ / 2011 ML

I feel ya!

Have you made it over to ching ching CHA yet? I got some papaya mango white tea from them that is wonderful iced.

I haven’t! I’ve been meaning to go to Georgetown for awhile, but it’s such a pain to get to, especially when it’s so hot. And all the tourists… Is it worth a crowded metro ride and a long walk? =)

I think it is. It has some lovely teas for sale, and nice atmosphere. Pop into Baked & Wired too for some cupcakes. :)