Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie
3 min, 0 sec 68 oz / 2011 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

From New Mexico Tea Company

Blending the goodness of fresh blueberries with a white Pai mu tan from Fujian, this tea heralds sweet luscious notes of berry floating over the jammy character of the base tea.

EXTRA INFO:
The tiny blueberry fruit is marvelously sweet, and incredibly good for you. In addition to being chock full of antioxidants, a recent Japanese study showed that blueberries may even give carrots a run for their money in the eye department due to a compound called anthocyanin in the fruit’s blue pigment.

INGREDIENTS:
White tea, natural flavors

ORIGIN:
Fujian, China

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

So it’s summer in the DC region and the humidity outside is around 70%, causing it to feel infinitely hotter than it actually says on the thermometer. Also, you feel like you’re melting.

Enter iced tea. I ordered a sample pack of this sometime last year and had never opened it. But it’s been hot. Hotter than hot. Not quite Qatar-hot, but then Qatar isn’t known for feeling like a sponge… Anyway, it’s been hot, and I have been living off iced tea. And I had just finished my last jug and was looking for something else to brew. This caught my eye and I tore open the pack.

About a 2:1 ratio of tea to sugar. Hot brewed and then stuck in the fridge once it had cooled. It’s absolutely delicious. I will have to buy more of this. Definitely. I love it. The blueberry flavor is definitely there, though it tastes more like flavor than actual blueberries (this is a common complaint on fruit teas). Light, refreshing. YUM.

Flavors: Blueberry

3 min, 0 sec 8 tsp 68 OZ / 2011 ML
jeweledthumb

I feel ya!

Debbie

Have you made it over to ching ching CHA yet? I got some papaya mango white tea from them that is wonderful iced.

jeweledthumb

I haven’t! I’ve been meaning to go to Georgetown for awhile, but it’s such a pain to get to, especially when it’s so hot. And all the tourists… Is it worth a crowded metro ride and a long walk? =)

Debbie

I think it is. It has some lovely teas for sale, and nice atmosphere. Pop into Baked & Wired too for some cupcakes. :)