Earl Grey Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Short Sorceress

1 Tasting Note View all

From New Mexico Tea Company

Like all great Earl Grey teas, this tea is flavored with all natural Bergamot oil. Brew yourself a pot and note how well the citrus character engages with the mellow herbal character of the Rooibos. The taste is truly sublime. Long live the Viscount! I mean Earl. I mean 3rd Earl of Grey! One of the world’s most interesting Earl Grey blends.

INGREDIENTS: Rooibos, cornflower petals, natural bergamot oil

Serving Size: 1 teaspoon per cup
Water Temp: 212°
Steep Time: 5-6m

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea doesn’t really taste like the standard Earl Grey that I’m accustomed to, which is a shame because I would have enjoyed it more if it had. It really lacked any flavor from the bergamot and most of what I tasted was rooibos. In this case it had sort of a medicinal flavor to it that I didn’t care for. While I like rooibos, I prefer not to have it be the main flavor in my tea, so this wasn’t really a hit with me.

Not sure you’d like it, but I found American Tea Room’s Earl Grey Rooibos to be pretty good. It’ll never taste just like regular EG I know, so I went in skeptical but was pleasantly surprised.

Short Sorceress

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve been meaning to order from them at some point. I really want to find an EG Rooibos that I enjoy so I’ll add that to my shopping list.