Cream of Vanilla

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I want something sweet and decadent. Last night I had a bad night, so I went to the music building and played until I didn't have the fine motor control to trill and playing forte actually...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Mmmmm, vanilla. Haven't found many teas that do vanilla well but this one is really great. The vanilla is obvious and creamy with an ever so slightly floral quality which gives it an...” Read full tasting note
    jennlea 162 tasting notes

From New Mexico Tea Company

Description:
A delicious combination of excellent high grown tea, rich fresh vanilla, and a lovely cream character. This tea is designed for special occasions as well as being a dessert tea – but most drink it all the time because its taste is so delectable.

Vanilla is reported to have ‘magical’ properties that calm the nerves and lift the spirit as well as allegedly improving the romantic aspect of one’s life. Indeed, a flavor that is full of mystery and elusiveness.

Do not forget that vanilla was and still is highly prized. On account of this it is quite expensive and in Eastern Africa where the best vanilla is grown, it is not uncommon that vanilla rustling occurs. Combine the exotic character of vanilla with a velvet cream taste and you end up with the ‘Cadillac’ of flavored teas!

Ingredients:
black tea, sunflower petals, calendula petals, jasmine blossoms, and natural flavors

Additional Brewing Methods:
Make a tea latte without a milk steamer:
1) Use 1.5 teaspoons of Cream Vanilla and steep for 5 minutes.
2) While the tea is steeping take heavy cream; add some sugar and a touch of boiling water. Shake the cream vigorously (to simulate the steaming process)
3). When the tea is ready, pour the cream mixture in. You even get a nice layer of froth on top!

About New Mexico Tea Company View company

I want something sweet and decadent.

Last night I had a bad night, so I went to the music building and played until I didn’t have the fine motor control to trill and playing forte actually produced strain. I was shaky and so, so tired, but I couldn’t stop. When the kid working in the music library left after security had locked the doors, he asked if I wanted someone to walk me home. “I’m fine,” I said, “I do this all the time. But thanks.” (It was about 2 in the morning). It was so unexpectedly nice.

Today, though, I’m falling asleep. My sleep schedule’s been so wonky because of things like this. And I don’t get lunch.

So I want something sweet and creamy and heavy, and I tossed in a teaspoon of mate. Which will either wake me up or give me a panic attack. Here’s to hoping for the former.

I’m leaving school and going home for the weekend. Hopefully I’ll feel better then.

TassieTeaGirl

It’s nice when the universe reminds you there’s good out there, waiting to help if you need it! I hope you sleep well soon.

Claire

Please take care of yourself. I know it can be hard when we’re super busy, but it is important and you deserve it!

Michelle

Thanks guys. I’m just in a bit of a funk right now. I think I’m just going to watch movies and knit and not stress tonight :)

Mmmmm, vanilla.

Haven’t found many teas that do vanilla well but this one is really great. The vanilla is obvious and creamy with an ever so slightly floral quality which gives it an interesting twist. I think it helps the vanilla not seem so fake. I hate fake vanilla. This is smooth but with a tiny, tiny amount of astringency on the back of the tongue. There are cinnamon rolls calling my name in the teachers lounge and I think another cup of this will go wonderfully with them.

Cofftea

This one sounds like it could top those cinnamon rolls. A lot of cream/vanilla teas tend to taste like frosting.

takgoti

That sounds absolutely delightful.

jennlea

It really is delightful! The more I drink it the more I like it. Might become my favorite flavored black!