FBOPF Extra Special

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea-Guy

• “The liquor brews to a dark brown. New Vithanakanda describes it as a russet color, and after comparing the two, I have to agree. The steeped aroma from the spent leaves and from the liquor itself...” Read full tasting note
    tea-guy 120 tasting notes
  • “Nice dark brew, brisk for the morning. Not in a good state to comment on taste, since I'm seriously sleep deprived. Definitely a waker upper though. Finished my sample from Upton Tea this...” Read full tasting note
    AnnaEA 93 tasting notes

From New Vithanakande

Our regular award winning world renowned tea. Fine wiry whole leaf with abundant gold tips that infuse to a warm russet cup colour with a rich honey fragrance. To be drunk on its own.

About New Vithanakande View company

The liquor brews to a dark brown. New Vithanakanda describes it as a russet color, and after comparing the two, I have to agree. The steeped aroma from the spent leaves and from the liquor itself are remarkably similar to the dry leaf aroma with overtones of honey and only the faintest heat notes.

When drinking this tea, the light astringency sets in and excites the palate. The honeyed overtones remain, but accompanied by the astringency creates an interesting contrast.

This tea is good for two or three steepings with good flavor, but it does fade quickly after the first brew. Each new set of leaves provides a remarkably consistent flavor profile though and I’ve found I can count on this tea to give me the same experience nearly every time.

Nice dark brew, brisk for the morning. Not in a good state to comment on taste, since I’m seriously sleep deprived. Definitely a waker upper though. Finished my sample from Upton Tea this morning. Would buy again.