Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “This is certainly a cherry smelling brew. Smells strongly of a cherry tree to me. I like it! Hmmm....Was sure I was dead on for steep time, but wow the green tea base is bitter! It's knocking...” Read full tasting note
    Yogru 63 tasting notes
  • “Thank you to Laurent and Sophie from Nina's Paris USA for this sample. Dry tea smells like buttery, vegetal green tea with cherry flavor. There are flower petals mixed in with the green...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 811 tasting notes
  • “Thanks for this sample *VariaTEA*! The flavor in this tea is on the lighter side. I can taste cherries, but not an impressive amount. It is more of a dried cherry taste as apposed to fresh cherry....” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 556 tasting notes
  • “This is a free sample sent for review by *Nina's*. First of all, I LOVE the smell! I didn't look at the description before opening it because I wanted to see if I could guess the flavors. My...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1876 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Cherry pieces, cherry flavour, rose petals
Be tempted by the naturally sweet taste of cherry. A tea blended with rose petals: a pure caress filled with love.

About Nina's Paris View company

Hmmm….Was sure I was dead on for steep time, but wow the green tea base is bitter! It’s knocking all the other flavors out. I don’t even feel like rating this as it’s just too bitter to judge. If I had a bit more I’d try again and only let it steep 1 minute. I usually let it go two minutes for blends but it’s obviously too long for this tea.

Thank you to Laurent and Sophie from Nina’s Paris USA for this sample.

Dry tea smells like buttery, vegetal green tea with cherry flavor. There are flower petals mixed in with the green tea.

As the tea brews, the green tea and flower petals unfurl. Nina’s Paris tea is so beautiful to watch while brewing.

The smell of the tea is like sweet candied cherries.

The tea tastes like a mild green tea vegetal base. There is a sweet , candy, cherry taste. There is not much flowery taste, but I think the flower blunts the taste of the cherry. This tea is much less tart then similar teas of different brands. I actually quite like this as it is less artificial tasting with the cherry flavor. There is a slight peppery finish to the tea.

Thanks for this sample VariaTEA!

The flavor in this tea is on the lighter side. I can taste cherries, but not an impressive amount. It is more of a dried cherry taste as apposed to fresh cherry. The base is nice enough, smooth and not overwhelming the flavor. It feels like it is lacking something to really pop. It’s good, but is getting an “eh”. I’m happy to have tried it though!

VariaTEA

They can’t all be winners. Now you know for sure it is not for you and that is what counts :)

Dustin

Exactly! It would be a bummer if I found out after I bought a tin!

VariaTEA

For sure. That is the beauty of swaps. Try before you buy :)

This is a free sample sent for review by Nina’s.

First of all, I LOVE the smell! I didn’t look at the description before opening it because I wanted to see if I could guess the flavors. My first thought was CANDY! And then almost right away….CHERRY candy!

The dry leaf is so pretty with the pink rose petals!

I know Nina’s recommends only three minutes steeping for some of their black teas so I only went two minutes or a little more on this green. The result is a full bodied green tea with lots of flavor, and sweet cherry candy. I am pretty sure this is a Japanese green for the base? I didn’t have time to resteep, but I am betting this is one tea that will resteep well. Hopefully I will have more time to try it with resteeps this week.

Thank you, Nina’s!

2068 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (174)

Though I am enjoying the green base quite a bit – smooth and buttery – I am finding he cherry flavor lacking in this cup. Perhaps that is a result of underleafing? All in all, it is pleasant enough but there are so many other teas from Nina’s that I prefer that I don’t think this will be a restock.