Balade a Shanghai

Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

From Nina's Paris

A Chinese green tea that is delicately rolled into pearl-like form and infused with the cool taste of mint. A thirst-quenching blend that will provide you with an awakening freshness !

About Nina's Paris View company

After having cold 911 by Davids tea I am always worried that mint in tea is going to be super strong and overpower the actual tea. That was not the case with this tea at all. Although the mint was fairly strong it was not overpowering. I enjoyed this as a change of pace from straight green tea. Im on the fence if I would purchase this one as I like Nina’s other blends more. However if you like a little mint flavour this is worth a try. Nice to sip on this cold afternoon.

On a side note I think I used a bit too high of water temperature to steep the tea…..very slightly bitter because of this. Time to invest in a thermometer I guess. :)

Sipdown (178/184)!

Another Nina’s Paris sample from VariaTEA. I made it this morning in my giant Adeline poppy mug and that used up the whole sample. It was good timing really because I woke up with a killer headache and the mint was very soothing and nice and made me feel better. Like, I probably would have reached for this because of the mint even if it hadn’t been in my morning line up already.

Admittedly, I wasn’t really excited about this blend because it was a green one until I stupidly realized, weeks after getting it, that it was pretty much just a fancy Moroccan Mint. Ok, I can get behind that! I love MM.

And yeah, that’s pretty much what this one was: fancy Moroccan Mint. It was tasty and pleasant and soothing with a really smooth spearmint flavour, but not something I’d stock over other MM blends especially when it is so hard for me to get a hold of. The name is really cool though, I’ll give it that!

I don’t usually reach for straight mint teas but if I did, this is the one I would grab first. The mint is mellow but very prominent nonetheless. It is a tasty, tasty cup. Thank you Laurent and Sophie at Nina’s Paris for slipping a sample of this into my big box of tea :).