Thé sur la Lune

Blue Mallow Blossom, Blueberry, Orange Flavoring, Passionfruit, Pu Erh Tea Leaves, Raspberry
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “It seems that a lot of different French tea companies have a "la lune" tea. I am not sure if there is a story behind this, but I would like to know it. This one is quite the bouquet of fruits. ...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 762 tasting notes
  • “And this is why Steepster gets on my nerves. This doesn't come up at all when I searched for the tea and yet it's been on here for several days. And that was with the right name! I tried both and...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes
  • “Another fancypants French tea from JustJames! Thank you! My first Nina's Paris tea, whee. Such a romantic name for a tea, hee. This has a very fresh berry scent (particularly raspberry, one of...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes
  • “Yeah! I finally get to drink some tea! Check out the picture of this one. It looks alien. It smells delicious. I sipped this hot, but the taste reminds me of a grown up shaved ice drink. I imagine...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1296 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Blueberry, passion fruit, raspberry, orange
Oranges, passion fruit and red fruits united in harmony to bring you a balanced blend of delicious flavours.

About Nina's Paris View company

It seems that a lot of different French tea companies have a “la lune” tea. I am not sure if there is a story behind this, but I would like to know it.

This one is quite the bouquet of fruits. It is pretty good. I am finding the black tea base is thick and malty. It is fairly strong. I am getting nice strong flavours of blueberry, passionfruit and citrus. There is some red fruits/currant flavours closer to the aftertaste. I feel like I am getting some mallow root as well. As the description states, this was is really well balance, even though there are a lot of fruity flavours in the tea.

This is quite a bit different blend from most of the other Nina’s teas I have tried. This one is very thick and heavy, in a very good way. Most of the other teas I have tried have been more light or delicate. I am quite enjoying this one.

And this is why Steepster gets on my nerves. This doesn’t come up at all when I searched for the tea and yet it’s been on here for several days. And that was with the right name! I tried both and then just used the other one and that’s why I couldn’t find it.

Whatever. Here’s my moved tasting note then.

Since I stayed home today I figure I can get my backlogging started. I couldn’t help but get this one as one of my samples. It seemed like such an interesting mix of fruits. It was okay, I kind of wish I knew what the proper way to steep it would be, because I have enough to do another cup and I’m not sure if it would be better suited to a higher temp and/or a longer steep.

Everything just kind of meshed together into fruity black for me. Good, but I’d love to taste all the fruits individually in there.

Ysaurella

no worries Amanda. I am always confused with steepster with French teas…because for us Froggies Tea= Thé but when american type Thé…the qwerty keyboard doesn’t allow the accent on the E …and then I am confused because sometimes cannot find a Thé of something….because the entry was done with the … and I think it is not on the database :)

ashmanra

LOL! I just added the accent! Hope that helps!

momo

Yeah I can type it because macbooks are nice enough to allow for it easily by holding the key down and clicking it. I don’t understand why Nina’s doesn’t put them in there. I searched just “sur la lune” yesterday and only the Mariage Frères came up so I thought I had to add it. So I went to the catalogue Nina’s sent and it said “The sur de Lune” so in it went. Didn’t bother to think you know that makes zero sense. Then I try to change it and magically it’s there again. I’ve had that problem when I added new teas too, I had to save them to my cupboard in order to ever find them again because search doesn’t recognize them.

Another fancypants French tea from JustJames! Thank you! My first Nina’s Paris tea, whee.

Such a romantic name for a tea, hee. This has a very fresh berry scent (particularly raspberry, one of my favorites, yum…I used to like Bigelow Raspberry Royale as a kid) dry and steeping. Tantalizing. Makes me think of being a kid with a friend down the block with a backyard full of bramble bushes, picking all sorts of sun-warmed juicy berries in the summer. The citrus goes really well with the fresh berry notes; you worry it might end up TOO bright veering toward tart, but it’s not. Nice and smooth, with the black tea faint but steadily present in the background, grounding everything, keeping it from being too sharp. Berry teas (and citrus ones for that matter) are very hit or miss for me when paired with black bases, and this is a lovely one. No bitterness or puckering, just fragrant and light which is what a fresh berry tea needs as it’s not a heavy cold weather-type flavor for me. Reminds me a little of some of Harney’s nicest fruity black teas. Very happy this first Nina’s is a hit!

JustJames

nina’s really romances the red fruit…..they are very, very good.

so glad you like it! =0) i’m being such a scrooge about your teas. drink a cup, hoard a cup. lol.

ifjuly

haha, i know the feeling! BTW, thanks so much for giving me enough of all these fancy teas i can make more than one cup! awesome. (:

JustJames

i try to give enough that people can do what i usually do which is bungle he first cup, lol. i think we sent each other the exact same amount! =0)

Yeah! I finally get to drink some tea! Check out the picture of this one. It looks alien. It smells delicious. I sipped this hot, but the taste reminds me of a grown up shaved ice drink. I imagine this would be awesome iced with a little sugar. There are several different berry and citrus ingredients in this. I personally could only separate out the blueberry. It all blends so perfectly, maybe too perfectly? Nice lingering aftertaste. I sipped this slowly and enjoyed every sip.

gmathis

Yum. Pretty leaves.

My last sample from Nina’s that I’ve had a while! This seems like it has a ton of fruit flavors in it… just because it isn’t technically tasting like any fruit really. If it really doesn’t taste like any fruit, it could be any of them, right? The steeped tea has a fragrance most resembling raspberries and a hint of strawberries. I think I steeped too long because the base is a bit overpowering…especially over the fruit flavors. It’s a bit astringent and strong after five minutes. The second steep was for three minutes and was a bit better. Not bad but I think I liked the other teas from Nina’s a bit better, even if it was the same black tea base.

Damn, steepster ate my tasting note :( I don’t want to re type but I guess I will a little. I was hoping for more fruity variety in this one but mostly got blueberry and maybe some raspberry taste. I was hoping to get some taste of passion fruit at least but nope. I almost bought a bag of it, so it’s great to have samples before. Thanks for the sample Laurent :)

(174)
Yes. I still like this one! It’s fruity and sweet and delicious, but not quite as magical as I remembered it. Perhaps I didn’t steep it in exactly the same way. Perhaps it’s a tea for sipping in the light of the moon.

This tea certainly has a breadier, maltier and less sweet base tea than Nina’s other black teas I’ve had. It gives the tea a certain density and takes the tea from being a spring/summer tea to a year round tea. The tea initially smells a lot like other raspberry orange teas I’ve had, but on closer inspection this one is sweeter and more rounded than the other one I currently have. The berry notes are especially noticeable under the two dominant fruits.

The raspberry and orange blended with the bready, faintly leathery base are the first notes present but once these dissipate a warm sweet mixed fruit flavour opens up underneath. The puerh mixes well with the orange raspberry and as it cools, I am tasting a bit of passion fruit between the top notes and berry, and a faint floral note in the raspberry. The tea is warming at first but finishes with a cooling feeling in the mouth. I brewed this tea for Nina’s recommended 3 min and it creates a really good balance between the flavouring and the base tea flavours. An interesting pleasant tea that I like better hot than my current raspberry/orange tea.

Thanks for the opportunity to try this tea go to Laurent at Nina’s!

Thank you to Laurent @ Nina’s Paris USA for this sample. I have been curious about these teas for a a while now.

At first I wanted to write that I liked Ma Passion better than this. This is strong at first, punchy base. Seeing this and realizing it isn’t what I had in mind I combined the two steeps in a 16 oz mug and added a touch of raw sugar. I also started goofing around on the iPad and the tea had a chance to cool. The end result is that I like this tea better than the other now.

I can’t taste any of the fruits individually, nor can I tell there’s pu’erh leaves in here, which is fine by me. The smell of the dry leaf reminds me a lot of H&S Fruits D’Alsace. And something in the taste also reminds me of it but a little less so.

I do have one comment to make and it has not to do with the tea but with the length of time it took for the samples to reach me. More than 3 weeks. In case I want to order some, three weeks is more than I like to wait for my stash. Anyone in Ontario ordered from Nina’s USA? How long did it take, do you remember?

TheTeaFairy

I got mine today!

Maybe they just mailed different batches at different time to ensure ongoing reviews on Steepster? One month just seems impossible otherwise…

Pu Erh? really? I would have not associated it as such. My previous experiences with puerh had most been kinda fishy- so that’s still what I associate puerh teas with.

This was nice, and not too deep. It was fruity and sweet, but not overbearing. I feel quite horrid at describing things at the moment. But mostly it was good. I like it.

195 °F / 90 °C