Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “Wow, I'm the first one to rate this!? I will try to do it justice. :) I was really excited to try this tea. Orange, chocolate and cream - sounds perfect to me! The tea smells very sweetly of...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “luxurious definitely..... strong orange presence that doesn't overwhelm and carries no bitterness. the chocolate aspect is neither a milk nor a dark.... a very nice cross. i find myself in an...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “Another Nina's from JustJames! Finally have some alone time tonight to get a headrush from all these goodies, yay. Thank you! This smells pretty good dry and steeping; it's light and creamy,...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes
  • “Thank you Nina's Paris for this sample. I am a huge fan of chocolate and orange, though apparently I don't have a lot of luck in this department's flavour when it comes to tea. The loose tea...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Orange, chocolate, cream
The fresh zest of oranges and the sweetness of chocolate united in harmony. A luxuriously delicious blend that will have you melting in pleasure.

About Nina's Paris View company

Thank you for the sample, Sophie & Laurent :)

My first Nina’s Tea sample and I had a hard time deciding which to try first, but I saw Josie Jade’s review and orange creamsicle sounded way too good to wait. The dry leaf smell smelled like those chocolate orange candies that come out around Christmas. At first I thought I steeped too long because the tea just reminded me of earl grey… a little bitter and just orange. As it cooled, I started to get the cream and I liked it more… maybe a hint of chocolate? I don’t think my taste buds are sensitive enough lol.

I re-steeped it and added rock sugar, let it cool a bit and voila! There we go, orange creamsicle. I can see myself drinking a lot of this…

I tasted this tea with comparison to Della Terra’s Chocolate Orange Slice. In summary Hepburn had more of an orange flavour while Della Terra’s had a stronger chocolate flavour. Hepburn may be preferable to those who prefer milk chocolate while the Orange Slice tea references dark chocolate. The tea base flavour was more prominent in Hepburn, while the base was smoother but more bitter in Della Terra’s option, and did not have as much depth of flavour or a very strong presence. Both were pretty enjoyable teas, but I think I may prefer Nina’s I loved the rich dark chocolate flavour in Della Terra’s Tea, but Nina’s tea had more layers of flavour and left me with such a pleasant feeling afterwords, whereas Chocolate Orange Slice left me feeling a little heady.

1911 tasting notes

Sipdown (132)!

Many thanks to my Nina’s Paris dealer VariaTEA for the sample! I’m always up for trying another of Nina’s teas – they so, so rarely ever disappoint. This one absolutely holds true to that standard, as well!

So I made this in my timolino for work. Dry and steeping I really didn’t get much of any sort of smell from this so I was going in to this with relatively low expectations but still holding onto to some hope because this is Nina’s and Nina’s Paris knows tea. And it was such a joy to sip on while I was walking home after a long day! So cheers for that!

The black base was very smooth with just the faintest floral hint to it. Bitter and Astringent are totally foreign words in regard to this one. And then marrying beautifully with the base was this very rich and juicy orange flavour with a silky creaminess to it that reminded me of a very natural creamsicle type treat (but hot). Not fake orange flavoured syrup frozen over ice cream but something much higher quality, and richer.

There’s also chocolate in this blend, but I found it to actually be very light handed; just enough to sweeten things up and keep this from feeling monotone (or rather “duotone”?). I might not have even recognized it in the blend if I hadn’t looked this one up prior to making it.

So conclusion: this is simple and pretty straight forward, but really really good! There’s no need for me to stock both Three Friends (another sweet Orange/Black) but if I was out of that one I’d be perfectly content with stocking either of these two blends. Both are masterfully executed.

Also hey – here’s a random link ( http://donottouch.org/ ) for a neat-o crowd sourced music video you should all check out! Aside from just being pretty fun, the music/song itself is kinda cool and catchy too.

1914 tasting notes

So I never really liked chocolate and orange which is why I passed on asking for a sample of this while I was at Nina’s. However, the combination of positive reviews and the fact that I enjoyed Three Friends piqued my interest enough that I asked Cavocorax for a sample. Now that I have tried it for myself, I think I agree with Cavo in saying this is the best chocolate orange tea out there. Really. It is good. Very good. Smooth, creamy, chocolatey and with a bright citrus flavor. Yum! Thank you Cavo!!

Yes! #highfives

VariaTEA

It’s funny because even after trying a few chocolate orange teas I like, I am still hesitant about trying them. Your tasting note the other day made me stop putting it off and thank goodness I did because it was really good. Thank you!!

Cavocorax

You’re welcome. It’s been a long search for me, so I’m happy I can stop and just order all the Hepburn!

VariaTEA

A wonderful plan. I wonder how this would be iced…Hmmmm…ooooh or maybe Creme Brulee/Divine Temptation would be good iced. Or both. Can you tell I am excited about having a gravity steeper to make iced teas?

Thank you again to Laurent and Sophie for a chance to try a couple of Nina’s Paris teas. I really enjoyed this one as well.

The flavoring is really subtle and balanced, but much better once the tea has cooled for 10-15 minutes or so. The orange while still piping hot was a little orange-rindy, but as the tea cooled, it because sweeter and more natural-fruit flavored. What lingers of the flavor on your tongue is juicy and fresh tasting. The cream also popped once the cup cooled, and was a sweet, rich cream that hung on and mingled with the orange. And the chocolate wasn’t quite identifiable as milk or dark chocolate, but had a cocoa flavor that was imparted somewhere mid sip. It doesn’t really play with the other flavors in the aftertaste.

I wish I had a bit more of this to play with milk and sugar. I think it has the potential to be truly decadent. Even so, it was very good and I’m grateful for the opportunity to try it!

I’m definitely leaving this on the wishlist as a reminder to get it when I have the chance.

Sipdown of an old sample provided by Nina’s Tea….drank in the movie theatre while we watched Neighbors…which is pretty much my life. Well not so much but I could definitely relate. Hilarious movie, if you were wondering!

This was a pretty decent chocolate orange tea, but the thing is I already have Butiki’s Three Friends and Kusmi’s Euphoria, so this tea didn’t stand too much of a chance.

Maybe had I never met the others……

My Nina’s order and LB arrived today, woot!

I was really excited about this one, but after Three Friends it’s just not what I was really looking for. That’s not to say it isn’t a good tea, but I was really hoping the orange and cream would be more noticeable. The black tea base is fine and all, but the orange and cream are extremely subtle. There is a slight chocolate aspect here too.

I survived my exam today and now I’m FREE for a week! Now we’re cleaning the house head to toe before we leave in a few hours.

whatshesaid

Dd you order the Nina’s through Amazon?

whatshesaid

How was the shipping/customs to canadia?

Courtney

I totally wrote this is the tea package I sent haha. :P The shipping is quite reasonable, and I’ve had no customs at the door.

Oh hahaha how did you know I’d ask? :P

You shall see!

Courtney

Also, did you want to try this one of The des Anges?

VariaTEA

This is one of the few I have not tried yet. I am sure I will eventually though.

Courtney

If you ever want a swap sample, I’m here. :)

Aww thanks :).

whatshesaid

What are the des anges? Haha
Looking it up!

whatshesaid

Strawberry vanilla, sounds tasty!

Hey! I’m still here, reading your posts and lurking. I just haven’t posted much lately – been too busy at work, and outside of work, I’ve been busy playing on my 3ds, and then not getting enough sleep because of the toddler deciding bedtime is 3am. WHAT?

Anyway I feel like I’m all over the place. Tired. Zombied. And too tired to drink tea. Also it’s a billion degrees in the office so that doesn’t help! And all my samples are 2+ cups each so I am not getting sipdowns at all and that’s a little discouraging. This one puts me at 194 and that’s still too many.

But things are ok now. Great actually! I had an assam earlier that was bitter and awful so I dumped it and am now enjoying the last of this beautiful tea. It’s so good. Courtney – I can’t believe you didn’t like this, but your loss was my gain! :D

-now I’m gonna go post in the Pokemon thread on Steepster. :P http://steepster.com/discuss/6887-pokemon-and-tea
-anyone a Zelda fan that has a 3DS? What should I play after a Link Between Worlds?

VariaTEA

HI CAVO!! And I am surprised Courtney didn’t like this either cuz I know she enjoys Three Friends but I guess everyone’s unique preferences are what make this site interesting and swapping possible.

Courtney

Hehe. I’m glad it found a better home. It’s not that I didn’t like it, just not enough to keep it around in my cupboard. My cupboard space is so limited, I can only keep teas I love. :)

Cavocorax

Yeah – I really want to like Three Friends, but idk what’s wrong with me. :P Good thing we all have different tastes!

130 130 130 130 130 130 130 130 130 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

ahem sorry…

(i hate 3 friends – 2 friends is where it’s at)

Sil, we had the same amount of tea like two days ago. Now I have 160 :(

Cavocorax

I am so depressed by you Sil. So sad. I could do it if I made every cup my last cup and threw out what was left if it was ‘just ok’ but I feel bad, so I drink it and don’t drink the rest. Or I don’t drink it all all bc it’s meh and I don’t want to deal with it. Haha. So I’m drinking teas I like. But only 4 cups a day and that’s sad-making! /whiiiiiiine/

Ummm… but seriously, way to go Sil and to a lesser extent, VariaTEA We were all in the 200 club and now I am all by myself! :P

I just bought an Adventure Time game for the 3ds while shopping at Walmart for work things. Life is good too!

i have another 20 or so samples and then lief gets tough in tersm of getting to 95 this month..

Cavocorax

Yeah, but you’re going to be SO CLOSE to 100. That’s impressive dude. So impressive. Too bad you can’t get real life achievements for that.

VariaTEA

I have a lot of samples right now but many are black teas and after a few cups of black, I just find them too heavy and don’t want more. Honestly, I crave water more and more. Plus, when I work the day shift, I come home and plan to spend my evening drinking tea cuz I have so much time but then I pass out super early and no tea gets drunk.

Tea Sipper

Just as long as you don’t go missing from Steepster entirely!

Awww. Thanks. :)