Magicienne

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

From Nina's Paris

Pineapple, coconut
The magical combination of pineapple and coconut. This tea, with a hint of tartness, will pleasantly surprise you. An exotic blend that will satisfy all seeking enchantment.

About Nina's Paris View company

Received this in a swap from Stephanie. Thanks!! :D

I’ve been wanting to try this one for a while. A very good coconut green tea. The dry leaf smells great, a nice balance between the flavors, a light aroma. The liquor is medium-bodied, flavorful, and a little creamy. Unfortunately, the pineapple is somewhat overwhelmed by the coconut.

Courtney

Haha how strange! The pineapple scent alone turned my stomach for this one. I actually sent my lot to Stephanie. :)

Hmmmmm. Maybe my taste buds were off :]

Courtney

It was mine! I’m sensitive to pineapple haha. I wish I had gotten a bunch of coconut.

KiwiDelight

I think we can agree that pineapple is a strange, strange fruit.

Sorry you guys aren’t fans…MORE FOR ME! heh

I really like this one cold brewed. I will make some tonight! :D

KiwiDelight

Oh no, I do like it. For me it just needs MOAR PINEAPPLE. I should try it cold-brewed.

Stephanie

Or mix it with the Den’s Pineapple sencha…oooh!!!

EXCELLENCE

Sipdown (178/182)!

Oh man, this tea really shocked me.

I cold brewed it for about eight hours and I brought it to work with me today. Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to like it because A) it’s green and B) I’ve had another Pineapple/Coconut tea from Nina’s Paris and it really disappointed me so I expected this to be like that but with a different base – a base that I happen to really not like. So, it didn’t sound promising at all.

I was really taken aback when I tried it though: you could tell it was a green blend because the vegetal quality came through fairly strong but it really worked with the fresh tangy, and just overwhelmingly sweet and juicy quality of the pineapple. I don’t know if it’s even possible with pineapple – but it felt like “fresh squeezed” pineapple juice. How do you even go about squeezing a pineapple? Huh!?

And then, the coconut was very tropical in the same way that I found DT’s Coconut Grove was – and that of course suited the pineapple (hello, “Pina Colada” – the two are a natural pairing) but I was surprised how well it suited the green tea too. And thankfully, it was not disgustingly buttery in taste/mouthfeel like Nina’s blend Cancer was.

I felt like this tea pulled me out of my miserable work day and set me on some fun, tropical beach with a cup of this in my hand in a fancy martini glass type thing with a fun paper umbrella and brightly striped bendy straw! I’m so sad that this one is gone now!

Thanks a million VariaTEA for the sample! I was so happy to be proven wrong about that I thought this would be like; and it was a great reminded too of why I really loving doing swaps: sometimes you find that really special gem of tea that you wouldn’t want to try otherwise.

I’d definitely order this.

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad this one was successful in light of the Cancer fiasco

Light pineapple aroma with a fruity taste, and a hint of coconut as the cup cools. A sweet, lightly fruity cup of tea which I enjoyed trying.
Thank you to Laurent at Nina’s Paris for the sample.

I love this one :)

caile

I also imagine it would be a nice one to have iced in summer.

Stephanie

YES. I’ve been cold brewing it lately, myself

caile

Thanks! That’s good to know :)