Green Tea
Berries
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “See that "Add to Cupboard" I clicked there? That's because this isn't a sample! No sir, this is part of my birthday gift from my eldest daughter! She emailed Laurent and they went back and forth...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “this tea is grand, i mean truly exceptional. dry it reminds me of ripe strawberries and raspberry jello, but once the water goes in there is a premeditated tartness from the green base that...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 344 tasting notes
  • “Dry, this smells wonderful! Juicy raspberries and strawberries abound. Steeped, it tastes like mellow green tea and a titch of raspberries. The berries come through more in scent than taste,...” Read full tasting note
    Starfish 86 tasting notes
  • “My evening cup. I used a 6oz Corelle cup and a Finum basket. That seems to work best with their sample sizes. This smells awesome. The strawberry is the strongest scent. The raspberry aroma is...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1161 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Raspberry, strawberry
Raspberry and strawberry coupled in tenderness will make you melt in pleasure. A green tea to overindulge in!

About Nina's Paris View company

See that “Add to Cupboard” I clicked there? That’s because this isn’t a sample! No sir, this is part of my birthday gift from my eldest daughter! She emailed Laurent and they went back and forth putting together a gift box of four small tins and one large for me, and Laurent helped her choose my teas. The tins look beautiful together, and red is my accent color in my kitchen and there are little pops of it in my Williamsburg blue living room, so these are a nice decorative element as well. Here is a photo I took yesterday of the small tins. I hadn’t opened the large one as yet.

I decided to drink this because…well, I got it yesterday, and Demain means “tomorrow” so I thought I would drink it…tomorrow which is today! Got that?

I was having a quiet morning as everyone slept in after a late night watching movies and playing games. I got out my lovely Lady Carlyle cup and made a whole pot of this. The liquor is so lovely in the cup. It is a bright, clear, medium yellow color, really I would call it golden without a hint of orange. So pretty! I drank the whole pot before doing yoga with my son.

This is a bright and refreshing green tea flavor, yet not astringent or puckery. It is a good one for waking up!

Thank you, Superanna and Laurent!

That’s so awesome!!

Donna A

What pretty tins and so thoughtful of your daughter. Happy Birthday1

Ysaurella

Bon anniversaire Ashmanra

Tealizzy

That is beautiful! So jealous!!

TheTeaFairy

Happy birthday! What a thoughtful gift!

ashmanra

Thank you! It is a super gift!

JacquelineM

Gorgeous!

this tea is grand, i mean truly exceptional.

dry it reminds me of ripe strawberries and raspberry jello, but once the water goes in there is a premeditated tartness from the green base that negates any thoughts of jello whatsoever.

my unsolicited advice (as someone who thoroughly messed up their first attempt), believe the 3 minute recommendation on the bag. nina’s has been doing this long enough that they don’t recommend halfheartedly.

the green they have chosen is very smart indeed…. it has a sharp tang that is absolutely timed to the minute. the berries are balanced against a three minute time…. like a smartypants i figured more was better and went for 4 the first time and got no berries whatsoever. when correctly timed you get a perfect equation with perfectly (not over) ripe berries with a medium strength green tea. this is a flavoured green, there is never any doubt that it is a tea. with some flavoured blends the tea essence is lost, but not here.

very nice. little doubt i will buy again!

Dry, this smells wonderful! Juicy raspberries and strawberries abound.

Steeped, it tastes like mellow green tea and a titch of raspberries. The berries come through more in scent than taste, which is still lovely.

My evening cup. I used a 6oz Corelle cup and a Finum basket. That seems to work best with their sample sizes. This smells awesome. The strawberry is the strongest scent. The raspberry aroma is easily separated but not as intense. The brew looks like honey. The flavor of the sip is as fruity and natural as the scent but not over the top. You can taste the green tea base – yeah! The base is vegetal with a nice bite at the end. You could probably eliminate the bite with a shorter steep – but why? I used a tiny bit of sweetener to really make the fruit pop. A very nice cup.

This one was sent my way from Lala. This is also a backlog from last night.

I have to say that even though this was nice, I much prefer Love Life from H&S. It’s not completely the same tea but it’s much more subtle. The flavouring here was just a touch too strong for the green base. I’m happy to have been able to try it out though. Thanks Lala!

Also this is my first note using J’s iPad. It really is like an oversized phone haha.

Stephanie

I find it awkward to type on iPads. But they’re super fun to use otherwise! :)

Courtney

See my next note Stephanie! Mwuahaha!

I think I figured this one out. Finally, when there is just one serving left. Ha ha, that is how it always works out.

1.5 tsp for a 8 oz mug, 3-4 pieces of brown rock sugar, 190F (definitely hotter than what would be recommended for a green), 1-1.5 minutes.

That is all.

Christina

Ooh, I just ordered some of this on Amazon a few days ago. Getting it shipped to a relative in Florida so she can bring it back up when she returns. This is helpful!

Sipdown #44, which I drank earlier today. This is another tea from Lala, thank you!
Although I tend to prefer my green teas straight, this was tastefully done & the strawberry flavor especially was nice. I haven’t had the best of luck with Nina’s teas, but I wanted to try them, so I’m happy to report that this one had no ill effects on me!

Second time I’ve had this, and I admit I like the green base a little better now. It’s still not there yet though. Steeped it for slightly longer this time. Looking over other people’s tasting notes, I’m going to try Lala’s suggestion next (1.5 tsp, 8 oz, 190°F [87°C] for 1-1.5 minutes with a bit of sweetener).

The aftertaste on this is great – fruity and sweet and tongue-coating, almost like a classier, grown-up version of a fruit roll-up!

gmathis

Love teas that taste like childhood favorites!

this smells fantastic!!!! like a beautiful strawberry jam with a wonderful fragrance. the aroma of the dry leaf is succulent, as is the aroma of the tea liquor! i don’t know what to really say for this, except that if you had a very light green tea (in the sense of it being as delicate as some oolongs) and decided to add a tsp of strawberry jam for flavoring, you would have this!

the flavor…..magnifique!

it is so true to the aroma which is a wonderful surprise. the tea & the flavoring are exceptionally fresh, with the leaves expanding to a nice plump size. even after 4 minutes steeping there is no trace of bitterness. this is perfect. does not even need sugar or honey in order to enjoy a truly sweet experience. in fact, i would recommend this as a dessert tea even if you’re hoping for something light because the strawberry has a creaminess to it, and the tea has a slightly buttery mouthfeel, unless i’m imagining things..

if you thought Tazo’s Decaf Lotus Blossom is impressive for a flavored green, try this…you won’t be disappointed! also, if you love strawberries, rest assured that you will find them in this tea! it fully delivers from the aroma of the dry leaf right down to the last sip. i am truly impressed. will definitely place an order for Demain, aujourd’hui!

thank you so much, Laurent for your generous sample of this! i’ll surely be purchasing some, merci :)

Anna

I’d really like for someone to do a side-by-side comparison of Nina’s and Mariage Frères… and possibly Lupicia.

pyarkaaloo

interesting…after i saw ur tasting note for Lupicia’s Strawberry Green, it sounded so good. glad i got to try Nina’s!

it would be fun comparing strawberry greens :)

pyarkaaloo

just looked in the database and there is no ‘Strawberry Green’ by Lupicia, but i could almost swear u did a review of a green tea while eating a strawberry? lol

Anna

I think that was Tsugaru Green (apple tea) but the Lupicia tea this review made me think of was Lupicia’s Srawberry Vanilla, which I love.

Anna

Hehe. Thanks, Nina’s Tea – I was just talking about how hard it was to get a response from you, and here you are. Magic! I’m in Europe now, though – do NT USA really deal with European samples, too?

I thought maybe just a small teacup would bring out the flavor in this but instead it had the opposite effect and I am getting 6 oz of a pretty vegetal base with a hint of raspberry at the end of the sip. Once again, I don’t know what temperature this was brewed at and that may have something to do with it but I think there is a chance that me and this tea just don’t get along.