Tigre Blanc

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “Sipdown #3(11) = 380 I really want to like this tea, because it tastes delicious! Sadly, I only took a few sips, because unexpectedly my tongue started it's reaction, & I don't know if it's a...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2497 tasting notes
  • “Despite the name, this is an oolong tea. The dry tea smells like a nice roasty oolong with a slight hint of peach. The brewed tea tastes like a nice roasty oolong, almost like roasted nuts. ...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “I love peach tea. This is an oolong peach. I think I could stop there and it would be enough, but you know I am seldom brief. The wet leaf scent is peach and roasted oolong. The sip begins lightly...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1161 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Laurent* and *Sophie* at Nina's Paris for a generous sample of this tea. I was conflicted over this one because I don't usually like oolongs but this smelled absolutely amazing - like...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1359 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Orange flowers, peach
A semi-oxidised tea with the soothing taste of peach blended with orange flowers. Make time to enjoy a cup of this tea and appreciate a sheer moment of peace and serenity.

About Nina's Paris View company

Sipdown #3(11) = 380
I really want to like this tea, because it tastes delicious!
Sadly, I only took a few sips, because unexpectedly my tongue started it’s reaction, & I don’t know if it’s a chemical thing, or an allergy, but I could feel my tongue & lower lip puffing up a little, & the start of an unhappy sensation all the way down to my gut.
I really hate being overly sensitive sometimes.
But I’ve learned that no matter how tasty a tea is, I will regret drinking it if I don’t listen to these cues, so down the drain it went…sigh…
I’d still like to thank Lala for the sample. :)

TheTeaFairy

Hmmm, that really sounds like a nasty allergic reaction. Gee, be careful…

Dustin

Have you taken note of what other items you have had that reaction to and compared ingredients? On the plus side, people pay lots of money for lip puffing cosmetics and all you have to do is make a cup of the right tea! :/

Terri HarpLady

TeaFairy, I’ve only ever had THAT reaction to flavored teas, which is the main reason I’m so picky about them. I do have a lot of allergies & sensitivities, to various foods & chemicals. So my assumption has been that this reaction is to flavorings in the teas. Artificial flavorings seem like the obvious culprit, however ‘natural flavorings’ can contain pretty much anything (including MSG, which I definitely react to). This is the 3rd tea I think from Nina’s that I’ve had this response from, although I’ve drank 2 of their teas without the reaction. I’ve also had it from flavored teas from a few other companies.
Hence, I mostly stick to unflavored teas, with the exception of a few blends that have real ingredients in them!
Still…a girl’s gotta go out a limb & try something new once in awhile, right?

Terri HarpLady

Dustin, you’re killing me here, LOL.
:D

Despite the name, this is an oolong tea.

The dry tea smells like a nice roasty oolong with a slight hint of peach. The brewed tea tastes like a nice roasty oolong, almost like roasted nuts. There is a touch of sweetness and a floral taste. It has a similar taste to morrocan orange blossom tea. There is a slight delicate peach taste at the beginning and end of the sip. Even though this is a roasty oolong, it is a light and refreshing tea. It gets sweeter and more peachy as it cools.

I love peach tea. This is an oolong peach. I think I could stop there and it would be enough, but you know I am seldom brief. The wet leaf scent is peach and roasted oolong. The sip begins lightly peach and then the oolong comes in mid sip and is much lighter on the roastiness than expected. If you dislike roasted oolongs, never fear, this is light and more nutty in flavor. Late in the sip it changes back to peach with some citrus notes. The cup is naturally sweet but will take additional sweetener if you are so inclined. The aftertaste lingers nicely.

The cooler the cup gets the stronger the flavors become – especially the peach. Lala said this was delicious cold brewed. Based on a room temperature cup, I totally believe her. This is a very refreshing tea.

Terri HarpLady

I always want to love peach teas, because i love peaches, but it’s rare that I find one I like. They usually taste very artificial to me. :)

K S

This one isn’t PEACH it is more peach It seems natural to me but has a light touch when warm.

Lala

You will definitely have to try it cold brewed!

ashmanra

Oooooooooo.

Thank you Laurent and Sophie at Nina’s Paris for a generous sample of this tea.

I was conflicted over this one because I don’t usually like oolongs but this smelled absolutely amazing – like fuzzy peaches. Plus, I really like the way Nina’s does peach so I decided to give it a try. However, sipping on it now, the peach is lovely but mellow which is causing the oolong to be a little more prominent than I would like. It is not bad but it is not for me. However, I am sure there is someone out there who will enjoy this so feel free to let me know if you are interested and I will pass it along :).

Kat_Maria

Ooooh! I’d love to try this one. In fact, I almost ordered it from their Amazon store a few days ago.

I’ve been considering suggesting a swap with you, VariaTEA, for quite a while, too :D At the beginning of next week I should get my big Lupicia order, so you can rummage in my cupboard now, or later, and hopefully find something that interests you :)

Oh, and I am in the US, I hope that’s ok!

VariaTEA

Awesome! I am always happy to swap. And the US is perfectly fine. Feel free to browse my cupboard and let me know what interests you :)

Kat_Maria

I will do so! :) And then I will message you.

Sipdown (194/196)!

I admit that this was a totally unexpected sipdown as I thought I had more leaf of this than there really was, so it was a sort of pleasant surprise. Thanks Lala for the sample, it seems like today I’m just going through a bunch of the teas you’ve given me.

I’m not really sure if I get the namesake for this one. Basically, it’s “White Tiger” – right? That’d make sense if the tea was either A) A white base – though it’s an oolong, or B) Was simply “tiger” because that’d maybe fit in with the oranges in the mix? Except since this tiger is white the orange tie in doesn’t seem too strong to me…

It’s nice enough though in taste. The base is very nice, maybe a teeny bit floral. And then the other flavours – the orange and the peach – are very well balanced and pretty refreshing. I think I’m maybe picking up the peach a little bit more, though only slightly. Super yummy and pleasant!

Overall, I wont seek this one out again. I’m too finicky about peach flavored things and it’s too difficult to acquire to make a fuss about when I likely wouldn’t want it on anywhere close to a regular basis, but it was really cool to try it out! Super tasty.

EDIT: Oh! Has anyone else seen this? I haven’t seen in mentioned in anyone’s tasting notes or on the DB. Thoughts?

175 °F / 79 °C 4 min, 15 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
JennyFur

I have the green of this that I got from like target and it works well enough, though the baskets small. Really small. I usually use it for herbals or things with large chunks so I dont need to worry about leaf growing room.

tigress_al

I also have the green one, I got it from superstore. I agree with JennyFur, the basket is too small for anything except herbals, but I like it anyway. Sometimes I use it just for storing iced tea in the fridge.