Rooibos Tea
Candy, Jam, Rooibos, Strawberry, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “MMMMmmmmm! You know what this reminds me of? Strawberry licorice ropes! SPECIFICALLY the good ones that taste like fresh, real strawberries and sugar, NOT waxy ropes or twizzlers or red vines. ...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “(240 'cause apparently i did toss this one in my cupboard) Another sample from Laurent and one of the ones i've been most looking forward too. I love me a good strawberry cream tea (thank you...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4889 tasting notes
  • “The discription does not lie. Strawberries and cream! This is scrumptious. The strawberry flavor is perfect, just like the real thing, fresh from the farmers markets. Even if Roobious isnt...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 885 tasting notes
  • “You just can't mess up a tea that has strawberry in it. This little sample from the nice folks at Nina's has a bushel of farm-fresh strawberry flavor and is thicker and more velvety on the tongue...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1707 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

Strawberry and cream

About Nina's Paris View company

This was labeled as Taureau on the sample. My first review was eaten, amazingly not by Steepster this time but my crappy internet connection. Sigh. Short version: To my fellow Steepsterites who weren’t sure they wanted to try this one because it’s rooibos – you really need to reconsider. First sip reminded me of a light cup of wild strawberry. Not tart. Instead it is kind of mildly green. At this point I added sweetener – OH WOW! I don’t care if you normally don’t you need to sweeten this! Totally amazing. The cup explodes with strawberries and cream. I do get a woodsy touch of rooibos in the aftertaste but it blends so well even rooibos haters probably won’t mind. This is a caffeine free tisane I would actually look forward to sipping.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

It is quite good!

Thank you for this free sample (among others) from Sophie and Laurent at Nina’s Paris USA.

Taurus is my zodiac sign so this must be the tea for me then. Even though rooibos is not my favorite, I have found that overall I don’t mind Nina’s Paris’ rooibos blends. They tend to be quite smooth and don’t have too much of a medicinal taste like some rooibos teas have.

The smell of the dry tea is very tart strawberry. The brewed tea smells more sweet, ripe strawberry with a slightly creamy scent. The brewed tea tasted like strawberries and cream! Just like it is supposed to. The strawberry does have a tartness to it, that I found became a bit astringent towards the end of the cup (and after it had cooled quite a bit). The creamy taste blends well with the strawberry. Initially I thought it tasted like strawberry, then a bit later it was kind of like cherry, but then back to strawberry again after a bit more cooling. You can taste the rooibos tea in the background, but it is not too strong, and I think it does a good job of making the tea smooth.

I’ve bee sitting on this sample for a little while because I wanted to be able to do it justice and finally my sense of taste is returning to normal after a summer of weird allergies and minor illnesses. ..

Nina’s Gemini remains one of the best Rooibos Teas I have tasted. One, strawberry often complements and blends well with some of the characteristic flavours of rooibos and two, it’s combination of sweet and tart, with vanilla cream is executed wonderfully. So I was excited to try another strawberry rooibos from Nina’s, thanks again for the sample!

This nice reddish orange tea smells of bright strawberry ( a bit like cooked strawberry mixed with fresh ripe berries ), cream, and a touch of heaviness from the rooibos. However it does not smell woody or medicinal like rooibos sometimes can. It tastes of cream with strawberries mixed with compote and a hint of fresh banana which I think is a result of the rooibos. It’s Very good. The second steep tastes of vanilla scented cream with strawberries with a slight rooibos tang. The aftertaste is of fresh strawberries. I still prefer Gemini over this one, but this is very good.

Somehow, there was a mix-up and my samples got put in the wrong mailbox. So I finally received my samples after some lady down the street had it for like 2 weeks!
Thank you to Laurent and Sophie for these free samples!

This tea is lovely, creamy and fruity, I am getting a slight raspberry tone in here as well as strawberry. The rooibos base is maybe a little bit too heavy.
This is also delicious cold.

This cup came from Jennkay: thank you! I’ve really been wanting to try some Nina’s teas and this will be my first one.

As it brews this smells like…breakfast cereal? Kind of odd but it’s not a bad smell. Maybe that’s what happens when you mix rooibos and berries, because I noted something similar with the Provence Rooibos I got from MissB. The taste is like freeze-dried strawberries, and there’s a creaminess to the mouthfeel and the flavor. I’d be interested to taste the other zodiac blends! I wonder if my favorite would be mine (Cancer)? :)

ETA: This is now a sipdown as I gave the last cup to mom.

Thank you Nina’s Paris (Laurent and Sophie) for this sample. This is the first of the three samples they sent me that I’ve tried. Actually, this is the first Nina’s Paris tea I’ve ever tried and wow! This tea is sooo good. Hot steeped, it’s like sweet and tart strawberry jam with rooibos in the background. Cold steeped the rest of the packet, and this truly makes a great iced tea. This tea is definitely going to be on my buy list!

Once again a sample from Laurent from nina’s tea thanks again!

Opening my small sample ziplock bag i’m greeted by a strong fruity smell, couldn’t place it instantly but seems that it is strawberry!

Straberry’s are one off my favorite fruits ever, i eat kilo’s every week in summertime. So i’m very exited to try a tea that has strawberry flavor!

The rooibos pieces are looking straw like and nicely chopped, not to small not to big. I’m taking the whole sample for brewing.

The color of the brew is the typical rooibos color and smells strongly to strawberry. The smell reminds me a bit off strawberry yogurt. In my first few sips i’m 100% sure this strawberry flavor is very good. Its creamy, not overwhelming in taste… This drink is different then most flavored tea’s. I’m not sure if i would drink it daily, but its nice for every now and then if u want something new!

Lazy day so it’s this tea in my DT cup shaped filter tonight!
Thank you VariaTEA for sending this tea to me! I love rooibos so much, and this definitely had that woodsy smell to it. Don’t really smell the strawberries and cream so much dry, but once I poured the water in, the other non woodsy flavours came out :)
Right now it just tastes like water but SOOOON, I had a slight hint of strawberry so I’m excited for this tea!

Mmmm a very lovely tea. I can definitely taste the strawberries and cream, with a slight hint of wood coming from the rooibos!

The first of my three free samples from Nina’s Paris. Thanks to Laurent and Dorian for sending these my way! :) These samples came in the most adorably tiny zipper bags… I knew I wanted to try one of the zodiac rooibos blends and this one seemed like it was well-liked on Steepster. My sample didn’t have any dried strawberry pieces in it, which makes sense because it’s a small amount. It just looks like plain rooibos. The smell is delicious though! There’s a very tart, bright strawberry scent coupled with a sweet, candylike strawberry scent, in addition to sumptuous vanilla and cream aromas. My sample doesn’t really have enough for two cups, but I didn’t want to risk overleafing when I only get to try this once, so I didn’t use the whole thing. I used a slightly heaping teaspoon and brewed it for 5 minutes.

The brewed tea smells quite lovely. There’s a very juicy strawberry scent – like natural strawberry flavor that has been pumped up with a bit of artificial candy flavor. I also get vanilla and a bit of rooibos in the background. Tasting this, the strawberry flavoring reminds me of Kusmi’s Strawberry Green. It’s a somewhat “jammy” strawberry flavor, meaning it tastes deep and almost cooked with a natural sweetness. Although I don’t really get cream from this, the vanilla is a nice substitute and produces a similar effect. Then there’s that tart, interesting strawberry aftertaste, which is exactly the same as in the aforementioned Kusmi tea.

I very much enjoyed this tea, being a liker of red rooibos and strawberry things in general. I feel like milk would go well, but I was afraid it would overpower the flavors. I’m really interested in trying all of the Nina’s zodiac teas, and I wish they offered a sampler… As it is, I’ll probably just buy one of them, then when I drink it all replace it with another, and so on. :P

Flavors: Candy, Jam, Rooibos, Strawberry, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Thank you, Laurent and Sophie, for a sample!

The aroma for this one is nice as well, a gentle strawberry. But the strawberry doesn’t stand out so much in taste. While the liquor was hot it seemed that the only ingredient was rooibos. I had to let the tea cool down in order for the flavor to take over. I’m a fan of rooibos, but the strawberry could have been stronger.