Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

From Nina's Paris

Sour cherry, wild cherry

About Nina's Paris View company

I was really excited to try Nina’s teas and this first impression didn’t let me down!

The dry rooibos didn’t smell particularly strong, but once brewed I could smell rich deep confection like cherries. At the beginning of each sip the cherries come on strong. After the rose joins the cherry, adding a perfume like aroma and pairing surprisingly well, then the cherry fades leaving the rose to finish off each sip. I am really liking this and steeped it three times without loosing much flavor! It has a light sweetness on it’s own, but I’m enjoying it with a little sugar which really makes the flavors more pronounced. I’m not picking up on the sour cherry that was mentioned in the description, but it doesn’t matter because what I am tasting is delicious. It’s a wonderfully rich caffeine free dessert tea with delicious well rounded depth to the flavor. It’s now on my Amazon wish list, but I’m not sure I can wait for someone to come a long and gift it to me before having this tea again. I can feel my willpower cracking already!

I’ve really enjoyed the teas samples I got from Nina’s too!

Which did you get Stephanie? I’m about to try more of the Butiki samples you sent me! Thanks for those!

No problem! :) I got the Magicienne from Nina’s (my favorite of the bunch) it was pinapple/coconut and reminded me of marshmallows, and I also got the 4 red fruits and lapsang souschon. Good stuff!

Trying this one now, my last sample from the Nina’s Paris catalogue. The cherry flavour in this is a bit overwhelming to me. It’s really really there, and I can taste hints of rose too but it’s very faint. The cherry on the other hand, I mostly taste the sour cherry, which is fine, I love sour cherries, but it’s faintly artificial tasting to me and although it doesn’t taste exactly like a cough drop, it does remind me of one. That sounds more terrible than it is, really. I like this some, but not a lot. Glad I got to try it, but I won’t be ordering it.

Thank you Laurent and Sophie for a sample of this tea. Unfortunately, I am finding it a bit disappointing. It is a pleasant enough rooibos but I was expecting far more cherry flavor than what I am getting.

doh :(

It was still nice but now the cherry flavor I was expecting from a tea with multiple cherry ingredients.