Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MissMylin
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 24 oz / 709 ml

• “It is with some chagrin that I realize I don't have a lot of unflavoured greens in my cupboard, even though those are the teas I crave the most often. I really need to get some Bi Luo Chun from...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 410 tasting notes
  • “I picked this up today at a Japanese/Korean market. I think I found my new morning tea! The package said to throw boiling water and steep for 30 seconds. It's a nice light green tea with...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 192 tasting notes
  • “This is my everyday pantry must have "Genmaicha". Love my ochazuki with this tea too. Its a great "appetizer" tea to start a meal with or even throughout. Love Japanese dishes, sashimi, sushi,...” Read full tasting note
    hueyeats 8 tasting notes

From Nishimoto Trading Co., LTD

Ingredients: green tea, brown rice

Product of Japan
Imported by Nishimoto Trading Co., LTD.

About Nishimoto Trading Co., LTD View company

It is with some chagrin that I realize I don’t have a lot of unflavoured greens in my cupboard, even though those are the teas I crave the most often. I really need to get some Bi Luo Chun from Teavivre, stat.

Anyways, this is a good substitute for now, and Ubacat gave me a very generous sample of this to try. It really does work well if you use boiling water and steep for only a minute, which seems like an absolutely heretical idea when it comes to green tea, but there it is.

Also, Ubacat: Curse you for introducing me to Tealux! I was VERY tempted by their Canada Day sale yesterday (and by all of the other Canada day sales, TBH), but I stood strong and did NOT buy anything, despite my realization that I"m down to the last 2 tsp of Cherry Fantasy. Yikes!

But seriously, I’ve got the GCTTB3 coming in, I’ve got my Just Organic Kickstarter stuff coming in soon, I’ve got my July Simple Loose Leaf box, and at least 2 dozen teas in my cupboard I haven’t tried yet. I do NOT need to buy more tea.

Seriously people, how do you stick to your hiatus plans?

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML
Frolic

I try really really hard to focus on appreciating what I do have. It’s so hard not to want to buy every tea that looks good but if I did that the rest of my teas would be neglected and there are many gems that bring me great joy already in my cupboard

It is really really hard though. I think holding each other accountable also helps.

Christina

I agree. I just posted in the hiatus thread so I could make sure I was held publicly accountable.

One thing that should help is that I have a lot of blends that can be iced, which will use up a lot of leaf.

Frolic

Definitely, and I also like to cold brew some of the older teas in my stash that have lost some of their oomph. I just can’t bear to throw away tea and I feel bad passing along older stuff.

Ubacat

Well, I did go with the Canada Day sale but I’ve been wanting to reorder some Tealux teas since way back in May. Then Mandala had their 50% off sale, I ordered some extra samples from Green Terrace Teas along with their free samples. And yes, like you, my cupboard is already bursting. I do not need to order for a long long time!!!!

Pssst Christina, Tealux will have another sale. They always seem to have them on the holidays so you can re-order then.

Christina

Don’t tell me that! :-p

I’ve decided that I’m not going to purchase any more tea until September, when my birthday happens. Teas that I receive from pre-orders and swaps are fair game, though.

I’m also going to see if I can get down to 50 teas in my cupboard by September. That way I can definitely splurge with only moderate guilt.

I picked this up today at a Japanese/Korean market. I think I found my new morning tea! The package said to throw boiling water and steep for 30 seconds. It’s a nice light green tea with roasted brown rice flavour. Very grassy tea. I really like it and that’s good because I got loads of it. 400g for only 3.99.

Boiling

This is my everyday pantry must have “Genmaicha”.
Love my ochazuki with this tea too.

Its a great “appetizer” tea to start a meal with or even throughout.
Love Japanese dishes, sashimi, sushi, oden with it or that great Korean banchan or that scrumptious BBQ.
Daily steeper… Great hot or cold…makes an awesome honey iced green tea.

One of my favourite teas… Mouth watering goodness.