Nippon Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by kokkare

From Nordqvist

Green Sencha tea with thistle petals. Flavoured with strawberry, lemon and vanilla.

About Nordqvist View company

Another one off single tea bag to try. I do like the Nordqvist tea bag sachets as they are usually covered with pretty and bright floral patterns, this one is a mixture of light and medium green colours over the top of each other to make flowers. :)

On the back of the sachet it stated to use boiling water (which I found odd for a green tea) and to steep for two minutes and that is precisely what I have done.

Colour: Yellow
Smell: Green tea but with sweet elements, almost like sugar

Taste: Similar to the smell, it’s green tea with sweet tones that taste somewhat vanilla(ry). Despite the high water temperature I don’t detect any real bitterness of the green tea so it’s possible that the sweet flavours mask it out. I can’t taste the strawberry or the lemon, they just taste like generic sweet, sugar…almost like sweets but without the flavour.

This might be the sort of thing that a young child or teenager would like as an introduction to green tea but for an old hand at green’s it’s nothing special. I would prefer a natural unflavoured cup rather than this sweet one. Still it’s not disgusting and I will be fine to finish this cup but overall it’s disappointing.

Flavourings don’t fit together and are way too sweet.

There’s a strong scent of vanilla in this one. A very sweet tea, definitely not something you could drink if you’re in the need of something neutral and fresh. Still, I do like this one, although one cup is just enough.