Darjeeling Tea

Astringent, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by KittyLovesTea

From Nordqvist

Quality black tea from the province of Darjeeling in India.

About Nordqvist View company

This morning needs a good start to the day so my first cup is this Darjeeling. I am house and dog sitting for my parents as they are visiting my Grandad in Wales a few days before his heart operation.

The instructions on the back of the tea bag’s sleeve states to steep for 2 minutes with boiling water.

Colour: Apple Cider
Smell: Floral with a hint of dryness

Taste: Very light with hints of floralness and a rather bitter. I would say this is roughly average for instant Darjeeling but I don’t really think it tastes that much like a Darjeeling. It seems to have something else to it.

At the very most it’s a cup of relaxing tea but next time I will have milk and perhaps even a sugar to take away the very bitter taste which lingers afterwards. I would also not drink this if I wanted Darjeeling. Average for a black tea though.

Boiled veggie water
I wonder-did I steep too long?
First try darjeeling.

I wonder if I steeped this too long. The Internet says darjeelings are a light color. While this is light compared to a black tea, it is still fairly dark. It kinda tastes like boiled asparagus water with an…astringent aftertaste that fades to a nice vegital one that I don’t mind sitting in my mouth. So, it’s not nice to drink (and that may be due to oversteeping), but I enjoy having drank it.

Flavors: Astringent, Vegetal