Rose Marzipan

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by KittyLovesTea

1 Tasting Note View all

From Nothing But Tea

Black tea scented with rose petals and buds, almond slices and natural marzipan flavour.

Brewing Advice: one heaped teaspoon per mug, add fresh boiling water (100ºC) and leave to steep for two or three minutes according to taste.

About Nothing But Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Finally got around to a new review today. My husband just got home and needs warming up and I have been waiting to try this for a while so it was a good excuse to pull it out the cupboard. :)

In appearance I can see a good amount of both rose petals and almond slices amongst the black leaves. It really does have a very real marzipan scent, it’s amazing! Sweet, nutty, floral and a little fruity. I say fruity as it reminds both me and my husband of cherries (which is a little odd but nice).

Once steeped the tea soup is brown in colour with a sweet rose aroma with an undertone of rich earth.

The first few sips reveal a fresh and sweet rose flavour that is also a little creamy and nutty. There is also a strong earthy malt black tea taste that adds a little sourness when mixed with the sweet floral tones. Reminds me of Keemun (not sure if it is) mixed with rose petals that always has a sweet and sour affair very similar to this blend but this one is sweeter.

It does have a marzipan taste but in a thick way…sort of like more towards marzipan and thick rich fruit cake which tones it down. It’s nice and very similar to quite a few Keemun and rose blends I have had before but I think the sweetness in this is delicious and it really stands out. It still has a cherry thing about it too.

Dinosara

Mmm rose and marzipan, one of my favorite combos!

Terri HarpLady