Duke of Earl

Edit tea info Last updated by Twilight

From Nourish Tea

nourishtea earl grey comes exclusively from Sri Lanka (of course). The leaves are grown on steep terrain and unusually high altitudes. The processing of red teas requires full oxidation, and the specific Italian bergamot oil used on our tea leaves creates an incredible citrus aroma, with no bitter after taste at all. From the moment you crack open the tin, the aroma of our earl grey over powers you… its an amazing product and an obvious staple for the kitchen.

About Nourish Tea View company

This is a solid black tea. The leaves have a rich aroma which I love. Be careful not to add too many leaves though, the tea can get bitter very quickly so the amount of tea leaves you add is crucial! I like drinking it black and straight up so maybe adding milk would make it less bitter.

Recently I made Earl Grey Gin! It was amazing. I left the tea leaves in the Gin for over 24 hours so it did end up bitter. I’m going to try it again and steep it for a few hours instead of overnight next time but still a great overall flavor! It tasted like unsweetened iced tea. I’m excited to continue perfecting a recipe over the summer!!

DaisyChubb

Definitely try it for a few hours! I did the same with a raspberry honey black tea – try tasting as you go, I found even after a few hours it got too bitter. Good luck! Drunk on tea :D

scarfffaces

thanks for the tips!! I’m excited to try all different kinds of alcohol + tea combinations :)

Pleasant, light on bergamot. I find it tastes better with a cooler and somewhat longer steep.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more