Chamomile Lemon Myrtle

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by momo

• “I woke up yesterday with a cold. I kept drinking teas I couldn't taste. I wasted a good one on that. So I decided I'd go to the Numi sampler and this one sounded like it'd be fine. Except I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Backlog. This was an after dinner tea I had after having a nice curried lentil soup. My tummy problems have been a little problematic as of late so I'm back to a diet that has less allergens in it...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2164 tasting notes
  • “Winding down a busy week, so I'm sticking with tisanes today. This is the last Numi sample bag I picked up somewhere along the way, and it feels like time to try it. The smell is straightforward...” Read full tasting note
    AdhamL 237 tasting notes
  • “Having discovered that I am not the world's biggest lemon myrtle fan, I also discovered that dropping a bit of ground cinnamon into this significantly improved the taste in my view. It cuts the...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

We combine fine Egyptian chamomile blossoms with Australian lemon myrtle leaves for a sweet organic brew that imparts a lingering calmness with citrus murmurings.

Previously known as Sweet Meadows Chamomile Lemon Myrtle

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I woke up yesterday with a cold. I kept drinking teas I couldn’t taste. I wasted a good one on that. So I decided I’d go to the Numi sampler and this one sounded like it’d be fine.

Except I don’t care for chamomile…I could still taste it. The lemon myrtle part was nice and soothing though. I think I may have just steeped this too long, I was probably distracted by sneezing my face off.

Anyone have a good idea for what I can drink? Hot drinks feel so good. I’m thinking I should stick with herbals or even fruit tisanes? I have no idea what’s good for colds but I’m guessing I tend not to have a lot of it. Would grabbing some lemon balm from my patio make a good option too? I’m too sad to use teas I really like.

I got Indian food today so it’d be spicy and make my nose run even more and they include soup and it was full of cilantro and I didn’t even notice D: And it’s so nice outside but I just want to lay here. Wahhh.

Tealizzy

For some reason, I found peppermint tea soothing when I had a cold and I’m not a fan of mint teas. It’s definitely strong enough to taste.

Indigobloom

Ginger!! and licorice. Feel better soon xx

Backlog. This was an after dinner tea I had after having a nice curried lentil soup. My tummy problems have been a little problematic as of late so I’m back to a diet that has less allergens in it and offending substances, which seems to work for me.

I was thinking this would be nice and soothing but the lemon is quite strong up front, especially in the aroma. After sipping on it for a while I thought it was a nice blend and the lemon wasn’t too overpowering. Still, I’m not sure I would pick this over straight chamomile, especially for a stomachache.

Winding down a busy week, so I’m sticking with tisanes today. This is the last Numi sample bag I picked up somewhere along the way, and it feels like time to try it. The smell is straightforward chamomile/lemon, and it steeps up into a apple juice-colored liquor with a pleasant herbal aroma.

The taste is not surprising or unexpected – it’s chamomile, and lemon, and it’s pleasant enough. The two flavors go together well with the apple-like quality of the chamomile and citrus high note of the lemon myrtle, but it doesn’t make me crave more.

Having discovered that I am not the world’s biggest lemon myrtle fan, I also discovered that dropping a bit of ground cinnamon into this significantly improved the taste in my view. It cuts the soapiness of the lemon myrtle, and boosts the taste of the chamomile a bit. However, it is easy to overdo it and if you do you just get a mouth full of cinnamon.

~lauren.

wow – something new! I just realized (reading your post) that I have no clue as to how a lemon myrtle tastes like. I don’t think it ever crossed my path.

__Morgana__

It tastes like lemon. But I had a bad experience drinking it straight when I was looking for an everyday lemon herbal infusion and I fear the experience has made me cautious in its presence. I can now taste it right away any time it is an ingredient and I can’t allow myself to dwell on it or I start to taste soap.

I don’t love chamomile, but I feel like I’ve been spoiled with teas I love lately! I’ve had this in an older Numi sample box. I was actually expecting more of a lemon flavor, as the other Numi with lemon myrtle I had (Rainforest Green Mate Lemon) had so much lemon it reminded me of a sugary lemon donut I had a while ago. This has barely any lemon myrtle with on odd tasting chamomile. Not bad — I guess I needed a chamomile tea more then any other kind of tea. It has been one of those days. But maybe spoiling myself with more tea I loved would have helped.

Edited to add: Second steep: I steeped it hotter and with a longer steep time and both the chamomile and the lemon myrtle were much better. It might even be my favorite chamomile. I’m upping the rating.

This tea is exactly what it says it is: chamomile and lemon myrtle. It smells like them and it tastes like them. The chamomile isn’t too kick-you-in-the-arse strong or bitter and it makes up the main body of the tea. There’s just enough lemon myrtle to give the tea a lemony, ever-so-slightly spicy flavour without taking away from the chamomile.

I had this last night and didn’t really like this tea. I don’t care for chamomile, but the lemon myrtle flavor tasted sweetly medicinal, like lemon cough drops or the lemon flavor of some cold and flu remedies. I might drink this if I had a sore throat or felt ill, but not otherwise. I couldn’t finish the cup.

I’m not a huge fan of chamomile, but I like Mighty Leaf’s citrus one and decided to give this one a try. It was okay, but didn’t finish the cup.

Got back a while ago from watching the symphony orchestra here perform my favourite Beethoven symphony. I’m proud of myself that I made it through the second movement without needing a tissue. :)

This tea is alright. I wouldn’t call it offensive, but I wouldn’t call it great either. The thought of lemon and chamomile together kind of sounded weird, but I figured it would be a favourable combination if you’re ever feeling under the weather. They’re quite balanced here, nearly 50/50. The sour lemon hits you first, and then the chamomile joins in. Would I buy it? Hell no. But it’s still fun trying these Numi teas.

TeaKlutz

Ooh! Which one?

for chamomile tea its pretty good and has a good flavor, however i’m not a fan of chamomile.