Chamomile Lemon Myrtle

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by momo

• “I woke up yesterday with a cold. I kept drinking teas I couldn't taste. I wasted a good one on that. So I decided I'd go to the Numi sampler and this one sounded like it'd be fine. Except I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Backlog. This was an after dinner tea I had after having a nice curried lentil soup. My tummy problems have been a little problematic as of late so I'm back to a diet that has less allergens in it...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2163 tasting notes
  • “Winding down a busy week, so I'm sticking with tisanes today. This is the last Numi sample bag I picked up somewhere along the way, and it feels like time to try it. The smell is straightforward...” Read full tasting note
    AdhamL 237 tasting notes
  • “Having discovered that I am not the world's biggest lemon myrtle fan, I also discovered that dropping a bit of ground cinnamon into this significantly improved the taste in my view. It cuts the...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

We combine fine Egyptian chamomile blossoms with Australian lemon myrtle leaves for a sweet organic brew that imparts a lingering calmness with citrus murmurings.

Previously known as Sweet Meadows Chamomile Lemon Myrtle

About Numi Organic Tea View company

Yeah, okay. I don’t really like chamomile tea (got this in a sampler pack), but If I did, I’m sure I’d like this one. The lemony flavour takes the edge off that weird, dusty, weedy characteristic that I always pick up from straight-up chamomile. I’d drink this tea if it was lying around, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy a whole box of it.

Pretty good. I prefer the darker teas for the stronger flavors, but when you have a cold, a nice cuppa Chamomile is tough to beat. The added citrusy flavor is also a bonus. Got to be sweetened with honey. I enjoyed it.

The tea was delightfully average! And for a camomile below.
I don’t know if it’s the fact that when it comes to camomile unlike it pure with vanilla and honey but this just didn’t really do it for me. Lemon teas have always been problematic because the sour and citrus flavors never translate that well. I personally love sour tastes so I love teas like tazo passion and tazo wild sweet orange because they have citric acid. Although not horrible I found this tea a little bland and will not be repurchasing.

I am not a chamomile connoisseur, but I do like this tea – I do however find all chamomile teas (from loose to bagged) to me about the same on the rating scale…

I love how potent this tea is. Just a little bit of it can go a long away.
I always prefer a good lemon myrtle to a cup of chamomile. This also one of the few teas that sugar tastes good with.

This tea tastes like a normal chamomile at first, but has a lemony aftertaste that I like. Perfect for winding down at the end of the day with a fake fire-place DVD. :)

Prior to steeping I must say I was very turned off by the smell…it was a cross between a sweet smell and a medicine-E smell…not pleasant. Once you begin steeping and while steeping the scent changes to a more lemon-E Scent which is certainly more pleasant and on the verge of relaxing. It’s a very light shade of Yellowish Green in color. The taste is quite pale but nice to kick back to at the end of the day. Please give this one a shot – don’t base it on first smell! it’s a decent cuppa in the long run – if you are looking to relax, that is.

I had this last night before bed. It was the perfect relaxer. Even though I oversteeped it (12 minutes versus the 4-6 recommended), there was no aftertaste, and the flavor was wonderful. The mixture of lemon and chamomile was the most relaxing end to the day.