Jasmine Green

Floral, Flowers, Green, Jasmine
Tea Bag
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Numi Organic Tea

Fair-trade certified organic green tea scented with real jasmine blossoms.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I have had some negative experiences with jasmine tea in the past, so I approached Numi Jasmine Green somewhat cautiously. The scent of both the dried leaves and the brewed tea is unmistakeably that of jasmine—it smells very similar to some of my favorite jasmine soliflore perfumes! This made me suspect that the jasmine would be too much for my system to bear.

My worries were for naught! I do not feel sick at all after drinking a large cup of this strongly scented green tea. In fact, I feel rather good. Both the jasmine flowers and the green tea agree with me, and the overall quality is smooth and enjoyable. I wonder which green tea this is? Definitely a good one…

So this is another positive experience from Numi. Perhaps the jasmine teas which made me sick in the past were artificially flavored? Well, the good news is that I am not constitutionally incapable of drinking jasmine green tea, as I had pretty much concluded based on some very negative experiences.

I have had the same problem with oolongs, and now I’m beginning to suspect that I need simply to restrict myself to high-quality, organic offerings when it comes to these two genres…

Flavors: Flowers

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

I’ve been craving jasmine like crazy lately so when I saw this on sale I knew it was fate. Delicious man so good.

Flavors: Flowers

Meh. Not the best. Slightly bitter and I steeped it for 3 mins at 180 degrees. I have much better Jasmine Greens in my tea cabinet. That said, if I had NO other jasmine greens around, then I would drink this.

The jasmine smell was nice, but pretty strong for a cup of tea. I also got a pretty bitter flavor. Not one of my favorites, and I definitely won’t have another cup of this one. I’d be more than happy to try other brands of jasmine green, though.

Not bad, but not insanely awesome. I’d say there are probably a lot more Jasmine Green teas from other companies that would be better than this one. It’s ok, but the green tea does not taste a high quality as others I’ve tried and the Jasmine I found lacking in the flavour, and a little in the smell too. So it’s a good tea for camping, but when you’re at your house, rock a loose-leaf version of this from another company instead and I bet it’ll be better.

The jasmine is much too overpowering. If you love the scent of jasmine then you might enjoy this tea.

The jasmine smell is strong, but the taste is pretty bitter.

What a smooth tea! The smell while the tea was steeping was fairly strong, leading me to expect a bitter tea, but it isn’t at all. Not sweet, but no hint of bitterness. It is a bit disappointing; the jasmine smell is stronger then the taste. It’s a decent bagged jasmine tea, and I would give it to people who never have had jasmine and those who love it.

Light taste and color, very strong notes of jasmine. Love Love Love.