Aged Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Faith

2 Images

• “A nice cup of earl grey to chase away the desire for hot cocoa. My last cup of tea I had at my fiancee's house. It might be my last cup of tea for a little bit because mom and dad are re-modeling...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 517 tasting notes
  • “I'm backtracking to Friday evening. My birthday was almost a month ago, & Tony & I take each other out for dinner for our birthdays. His was in Dec (sag) & he chose Nobu's, which is obviously a...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2498 tasting notes
  • “I’m soooo sleepy but there’s still a couple hours left in the workday. I need a cuppa! I grabbed a free tea bag of this at work several months ago, and it’s sat in my office desk drawer ever...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 500 tasting notes
  • “My favourite Earl Grey, ever. The presence of bits of bergamot, versus 'bergamot flavouring,' with a decent black tea, makes an enormous difference. Sadly, this tea is _very_ hard to find in my...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 494 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

Earl Grey is one of the most popular teas, yet remains mysteriously beckoning. As the story goes, Charles Earl Grey, a 19th century British Prime Minister, was gifted this scented tea in gratitude for saving the life of a Chinese man. The secret to its lingering aroma is the pear shaped bergamot orange, called the The Fragrant One. Most Earl Greys utilize bergamot oils or flavorings. Numi’s special, organic Earl Grey is oil-free-using a unique method of aging this Italian bergamot fruit with malty Sonitpur Assam black tea. When brewed, it imparts an exquisite red-orange hue that calls to mind dawn’s finest moments. Balanced and stunning, we’ve recreated this timeless classic.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

This is my go-to Earl Grey. Dark, robust, and juuuuust the right amount of bergamot. Today I am off from work, and decided to cook and be productive instead of lazing about. I brewed some of the loose Aged Earl Grey, poured it into my stout little Polish bubble mug, and started cooking cooking. Thanks to this tea, our crockpot is now filled with brown sugar & beer pulled chicken!

My little sister’s favorite tea is earl grey, so I’ve tried a bunch of different kinds and brands and varieties.
Numi’s is probably one of the best (if not the best) tea-bag earl greys that I have ever had.
It’s just super delicious. It has a really nice smell, and I think the real bergamot adds all the difference, taste wise.
I like to add a bit of milk and honey.
This is my first review thing I have no idea what I’m doing.

Seemed like a nice tea, but my experience was slightly marred by the fact that it was way oversteeped. I ordered it at a bakery and they just kinda let it sit before calling it out. Still enjoyed it though!

This was pretty good for an on-the-go pouch. Perhaps a little Bergamot-y (that’s a word, right) for me. Good energy booster.

A reliable bitter tea if I do not have any Lemon juice with me. I usually purchase this from coffee shops I happen to be in.

I definitely finish it all, and like Tavo, I order it in a small cup with two tea bags for extra flavor. I would not purchase for home, however.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

Fine, but I don’t get anything special from it. Pretty much the same as your average grocery store Earl Grey (come at me, bro!). Probably won’t buy again.

Numi makes outstanding teas for a bagged tea company. This is no exception. Full of flavor. Mostly this is my “take it on the run” tea.

I am a big earl grey lover and I didn’t like this at all. Maybe it was the “aged” aspect? While this is clearly a quality product, for me, the bergamot wasn’t sweet or strong enough, and it had an off flavor (again maybe the “aged” flavor). There are plenty of earl greys without a chemical flavor: Rishi, Ahmad, Twinings Organic, Stash Organic (mix of black and green). These are just some I’ve tried and liked. I’m sure there are many more.

i thought it was amazing the way the flavour warmed you and danced around you’re tongue . its quite exceptional

This is one of my favorite earl greys, and I’ve been drinking it regularly for over a year now. I’ve been searching for the perfect earl grey, and for a long time I couldn’t find anything that compared with this. For me there are two kinds of earl greys: light and bright ones that you drink without milk or cream and bold, strong ones that hold up well to milk. This one falls into the former category although I do add milk on occasion – it just tastes kind of weak and diluted with milk.