Aged Earl Grey

Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Spencer

2 Images

From Numi Organic Tea

Earl Grey is one of the most popular teas, yet remains mysteriously beckoning. As the story goes, Charles Earl Grey, a 19th century British Prime Minister, was gifted this scented tea in gratitude for saving the life of a Chinese man. The secret to its lingering aroma is the pear shaped bergamot orange, called the The Fragrant One. Most Earl Greys utilize bergamot oils or flavorings. Numi’s special, organic Earl Grey is oil-free-using a unique method of aging this Italian bergamot fruit with malty Sonitpur Assam black tea. When brewed, it imparts an exquisite red-orange hue that calls to mind dawn’s finest moments. Balanced and stunning, we’ve recreated this timeless classic.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

This was pretty good for an on-the-go pouch. Perhaps a little Bergamot-y (that’s a word, right) for me. Good energy booster.

A reliable bitter tea if I do not have any Lemon juice with me. I usually purchase this from coffee shops I happen to be in.

I definitely finish it all, and like Tavo, I order it in a small cup with two tea bags for extra flavor. I would not purchase for home, however.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

Fine, but I don’t get anything special from it. Pretty much the same as your average grocery store Earl Grey (come at me, bro!). Probably won’t buy again.

Numi makes outstanding teas for a bagged tea company. This is no exception. Full of flavor. Mostly this is my “take it on the run” tea.

I am a big earl grey lover and I didn’t like this at all. Maybe it was the “aged” aspect? While this is clearly a quality product, for me, the bergamot wasn’t sweet or strong enough, and it had an off flavor (again maybe the “aged” flavor). There are plenty of earl greys without a chemical flavor: Rishi, Ahmad, Twinings Organic, Stash Organic (mix of black and green). These are just some I’ve tried and liked. I’m sure there are many more.

i thought it was amazing the way the flavour warmed you and danced around you’re tongue . its quite exceptional

This is one of my favorite earl greys, and I’ve been drinking it regularly for over a year now. I’ve been searching for the perfect earl grey, and for a long time I couldn’t find anything that compared with this. For me there are two kinds of earl greys: light and bright ones that you drink without milk or cream and bold, strong ones that hold up well to milk. This one falls into the former category although I do add milk on occasion – it just tastes kind of weak and diluted with milk.

I’m a big Earl Grey fan, and this is no exception. One of the better ones I’ve tried, actually. And it’s all thanks to my Hunny’s father for sending me a Numi sample pack of tea for the holiday! More free tea. Sweet!

At any rate, I prepped this cuppa the same way I do any other Earl Grey. Sweetened with sugar and a splash of milk. Very nice.

This is truly one of the greatest Earl Grey teas available. I usually transition between this and Mighty Leaf organic tea.

Boiling 8 min or more

Exactly what you’d expect from an Earl Grey. It’s got a but of an unusual…. smokiness? That’s not expected. The bergamont is not as strong as some Earl Grey’s I’ve had. I’d chose this any day over Twinings, but I prefer Mighty Leaf’s version.